Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought them off of ebay, well aware of the fact that a lot of them have condensation build up issues. Of course mine did :bang: I took them off and now that im looking at them...there are vent hole on the back of the light that let air circulate in and out of the light, which would obviously cause condensation. Have any of you attempted to solve this problem by using clear silicone to seal the whole light up?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
i never saw that on my eagle eyes and also never had condensation issues.

But idk about plugging it
if its on the bottom im sure its to help prevent condensation

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ejbiers, if you could do me a huge favor, I think I have the same Halos as you, they are the eagle eyes ccfl halos with the black housing. Could you maybe see if you also have vent holes? on the back of the light near the top, directly between the high and low bulbs there is a pretty big square hole with a screen covering it that is obviously a vent, also, behind the high beam there is a small circular one, could you see if your lights have the same vents?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh believe me, I'm feeling the cold over here in Michigan too...haha

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir, thanks, just wanted to see if yours are the same way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually, i dont think that is tape, its a meshy cloth type material to make sure only air can go in an out, just run your finger across it, are yours tape or a mesh type material?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Darn does this mean mine will also have condensation issues maybe ice buildup it rarely gets close to -10 C here cause its like -40 to -30c most of the winter....

To help users here is the modified pic of what holes :giggle: ejb was talking about

motokid837 what temps. you have there in your city ? you park in garage or leave overnight outside on street ?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts