·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Too lazy to get out of your car?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just got done bowling and it was 100 degrees out. I was even debating whether or not to roll down the window. lol I didn't see it til I was in my car buckled up.

It'd be cool to chrome the "fog" housing lines and cut out the plastic next to the "fog" lights and install that same mesh.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've seen a mesh grill wit the foglight housing had a mesh grill too it was pretty dope

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
searched eBay for "06 impala fog trim" and got:

39.50 + 9.99 shipping

searched eBay for "06 impala chrome mesh" and got:

91.99 free shipping

119.95 free shipping

205 free shipping

34.99 free shipping

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wonder how easy it would be to install those.. they look really really good.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
every one of them is a stick-on-over-the-grille type, so they would just be that 3m double sided tape probably, except the last one, it's a cheap mesh overlay, lord only knows how that goes..

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard up people using zip ties. lol

I like the $200 set, that's cool. Get the chrome trim to match the grills, then it'd look pretty good.

·
Registered
465 Posts
not a fan of the chrome but if they did them in black chrome i'd be on it LOL

just wait fo the 2012 impala and you can get the chrome centers of of it and just have to find the fog area chrome

·
Registered
66 Posts
not a fan of the chrome but if they did them in black chrome i'd be on it LOL

just wait fo the 2012 impala and you can get the chrome centers of of it and just have to find the fog area chrome

I'm sure a little Rustoleum Automotive spray would fix your need for a black grille :eek:k3:

That picture of the Chrome Grille on the black Impala remind me too much of the Malibu LTZ's ...

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I'm sure a little Rustoleum Automotive spray would fix your need for a black grille :eek:k3:

That picture of the Chrome Grille on the black Impala remind me too much of the Malibu LTZ's ...
i assume you dont know what black chrome is? its much sexier than Rustoleum

i see that too, i think its the angle of the pic

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just go to Home Depot and buy you a roll of chicken wire, it's pretty much the same thing. While you're there you can buy a can a spray paint in what ever color you want!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just go to Home Depot and buy you a roll of chicken wire, it's pretty much the same thing. While you're there you can buy a can a spray paint in what ever color you want!!

Lmao.. so true. :giggle::lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I almost bought a mesh grill kit to paint black when I bought the car. Until I saw one on another car and it looked like chromed out chicken wire.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
every one of them is a stick-on-over-the-grille type, so they would just be that 3m double sided tape probably, except the last one, it's a cheap mesh overlay, lord only knows how that goes..

The first one on the silver Imp is an E&G. No double sided tape there. It may still be an over lay, but I don't think so. E&G makes good stuff (weather resistant).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Not all mesh is created equal.. SOME is equivalent to chicken wire and looks like shit. You needs to spend some decent money on Stainless, powder coated mesh if you want good quality.

This sheet cost me $80... the only downside is that it was so sturdy I had a hard time cutting it to size!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts