Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this monstrocity I found on eBay!!! Buy It Now is at $7500 :lol:

1989 Chevrolet Caprice that has a fiberglass tilt front end and pick up bed. For more information on how this car was built visit Super StepSide Pickup Kit .This kit cost 6200.00 which includes the bed cover delivered to IIllinois

.The truck was built a few years ago. It has a 305 V8 with 4 speed overdrive trans.and posi rear end It has a few cracks in the area of the roof where the metal roof meets the fiberglass (it does't leak) and some normal road rash The air conditioner needs recharging I have build pictures.

This truck sat outside during the last few harsh winters in Illinois and never failed to start. (Fuel Injection)

The truck is and attention getter, always have people asking what is it?Looks like a vette in the rear and a viper in the front very unique I just need to sell it, have too many toys.

Truck/car is sold as is and where is. Payment must clear bank before car leaves( up to 7 business days) This car is for sale locally therefore I reserve the right to end this auction at any time.

Chevrolet : Caprice | eBay

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That one has been posted before, and still... Yuck. Also, why the f*** would you spend that much money on customization and keep the motor stock?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was floored that it costs that much to ruin a perfectly good car! And I really can't believe the owner actually thinks it looks like a Viper from the front, and a Vette from the back.....it could never be confused for either! They must be drinking some hefty koolaid where he's from!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
That is atrocious.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Post it in Mexico - some small time drug dealer wants it! They drive lizard green Hummers with fiberglass "improvements" on so it should fit right in here.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol curiosity finally got the best of me, I went to their website anyone else ever seen the magazine articles or believe it won awards at major shows?? Upstage a Viper or SSR??? LOL, never saw it on tv shows either...

"My name is Donald Lee Fuselier, builder of the Super Stepside Truck. I am originally from Mamou, Louisiana, and I've been working with fiberglass the last ten years. Please check "Classified" for information on my Cajun Crawfish Tables and Pete 379 Fenders.

The Super StepSide kit is easy to install and economically priced, the dramatic lines also guarantee that you will be driving a thoroughly unique vehicle that can upstage a Viper or the new Chevy SSR at a car show. ( We know because we have! ) Hopefully, you will find some ideas on this website to help you build your own unique vehicle. The "Gallery" and "Showcase" have photos of Super Stepsides submitted by their owners.
The free printable manual shows the step-by-step photos of the construction process how to prepare the chassis and mount the four piece fiberglass kit.

The complete "Nastrk" build was shown in two episodes of "Kit, An Autobody Experience", on the Speed Vision channel last year.

The Super Stepside Truck kit was named one of the top 9 best new kits by Kit Car Magazine.

The original Super Stepside truck has won at several national shows and has been featured in numerous major magazines.

Joe Greeves’s Super Stepside truck has been featured in several magazines and was a hit at S.E.M.A. Joe has decided to sell his truck and a complete description is included in the "Classified" section.

Please contact me if you have any questions about building a Super Stepside.

Thank you for your interest in the Super Stepside Truck Kit. Donald"

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post it in Mexico - some small time drug dealer wants it! They drive lizard green Hummers with fiberglass "improvements" on so it should fit right in here.
I thought they all drove armored Suburbans?? I read an article not too long ago that said the most sales of the Suburban went to the US Government and Mexican Drug Cartels due to ease of armoring capabilities.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I thought they all drove armored Suburbans?? I read an article not too long ago that said the most sales of the Suburban went to the US Government and Mexican Drug Cartels due to ease of armoring capabilities.
Might be possible. They seem to be big buyers of american weapon tech in general.
Rich ppl buy armored VW Jettas to avoid sticking out.

What I meant is the neighbourhood drugdealer, that guy that sells locally. They usually spends their money on something ridicoulus so the police take notice and arrest them or the get killed by a competing idiot.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, I saw that too on tv, they were showcasing a company that does armor conversions, they said that people usually want something armored that doesn't stick out as even being armored.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's too bad that more people don't realize, the more you blend in, the more you can get away with! :devil:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That's not too bad at all, if they all tried to blend in, it would be that much harder for the rest of us... Er, them I mean!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, right on, I hear that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts