Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my lock is broken ( the one that opens the window and talilgate) and i cant seem how to open it from inside ???.Also my horn doesnt work i removed the center rubber from the steering wheel and theres a wire attached to the rubber cover that i removed and i dont see where the wire could be connected on the inside of the steering wheel?? where would the horn be under the hood????

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only way is to pop the lock, but it has a tamper-proof device to where it can't be fixed at that point. The only option is to replace it with a new one, but be VERY careful or you could crack the glass. This is messed up on mine too, but I'm letting a mechanic do it since I don't want to replace the rear window. If you do it yourself, be sure to have a new lock assembly for the back on hand and be careful with the glass (my rear glass won't open, maybe the button still works on yours - in that case, open it first).
Horn is either to the front right or front left, I can't remember off hand. As for the wires, I'm not sure, but check the fuse first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts