Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, having a hard time finding the exact specifications for the fusible links I need to replace. Anyone know what the 88 307s fusible links ratings were? Or if I could replace them with a wired fuse? Even the parts store can't narrow it down. Proper replacement would be best considering they're coming off the starter and are crammed down on the side of the engine.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hey guys, having a hard time finding the exact specifications for the fusible links I need to replace. Anyone know what the 88 307s fusible links ratings were? Or if I could replace them with a wired fuse? Even the parts store can't narrow it down. Proper replacement would be best considering they're coming off the starter and are crammed down on the side of the engine.

Have you tried the part’s department of a GM dealer, with your VIN?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Have you tried the part’s department of a GM dealer, with your VIN?
I'd say the dealer parts counter is the best bet. If they don't have it, they might be able to order one, or at least give you the part number.

I found two drawings, attached. They are difficult to read. Awful. SMH. The 2nd drawing shows 3 fusible links, but does not indicate any values :( Searching the drawing source did not reveal them, either.

If you still have the blown one, you might inspect it very closely to see if there are any markings on it which might identify it.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts