Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friends car died the other night, and I thought it was the negative battery cable, so I bought a new one and replaced it, but it doesn't work - A mechanic told me it was the starter - probably a starter wire, because the started was installed recently. (Like 3 weeks ago) So I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to a book, or maybe an instruction list, on how I would install (or even find) the starter/starter wire?

When I attempt to start his car, it clicks once, then just makes a steady beeping. Apparently the starter isn't moving the belt to start it... (I don't know much about cars, just oil changes, spark plug changes - Things like that.
No - The battery isn't dead. If it was dead then it wouldn't give a positive reactive, and the lights in the car wouldn't wouldn't beep.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Your battery is DEAD. THAT is your problem!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
It may have enough juice to turn the light on, but not enough to start the car. Thats happened to me enought to recognize the symtoms. Try a different battery.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not trying to be an asshole, but you should probably get the manual for the car and read through the portions of it you are trying to fix.

Could be a dead battery - not enough jam to roll the motor over, but enough to turn the lights and junk in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts