Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm missing a piece of the impact strip on my rear bumper (83 Caprice ), does anyone know what other years of this car used the exact same part ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Well, I have an 82 and mine looked exactly the same way.
Mine was damaged aswell so I removed it. Do not know where to find them new. But Id say e-bay is a pretty safe bet.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roggan , there is nothing on there at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Ah, well. If I find it somewhere, Ill let you know. And vice versa would be swell aswell... ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got it Roggan :beer: If I ever find any I will let you know , I assume the bumpers on an 82 and 83 are the same unless anyone can disprove that :hope:

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
see if you can find a place that sells the bumper, and ask them if they know about the impact strip

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
It seems pretty generic...have you looked at any Olds or Pontiacs that might have had them? May be able to track one down through another marque..

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I just removed it all and tried to make it look well without them. But my car is kinda stripped from all chrome and other trims.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
that's what I woulda done, doesn't look all that attractive anyways, but to each his own..is it stuck on or are there holes left behind? That would suck if there were holes..

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
There are holes and the strip is kind of glued or melted onto the bolts that holds the bumper.... Its old american quality, not flipping glue. "BOLT the strip on there so it stays on dammit!" :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Could find an earlier bumper say from 77 up through 85 I think. Mine are all solid chrome covered, did not come with the strips. Otherwise you will have to find some universal stuff to put on yours.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
^ Perhaps because yours an Impala? Some different stylings there? Id like to have it all chrome. Might do that one day. Not that expensive to have it done here I understand. Just need to weld the holes.

Man you Imp looks good Kenny! Its rolling down the road majesticly in my head every time I see your sign pic! lol!

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a newby here I thank you all for the input , if I can't find original I will look into after market stripping as I don't like a bumper full of holes. The shop where I'm getting the car repainted in about 3weeks is going to replace all the side mouldings with new stuff (mid body not the bottom stainless steel) And yes I have the original stainless steel wire hub caps. They shine up exectionally well , I don't recomend this for aluminum , but for stainless steel just use a small paint brush with the household product "CLR"

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roggan , there was a set (front & rear) on ebay a couple of weeks back , they went for $360 ...CRAZY:dizzy: but I did find out the part numbers...
1980 to 1985 Caprice Front strip #14010521 or 522
Rear Strip # 14010561 or 562

My local GM dealer says they were just removed from the parts catalouge a year ago :BangHead::BangHead: but he put me onto an after market supplier who says they are available for $51 each. I will let you know when I get the info.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Roggan , there was a set (front & rear) on ebay a couple of weeks back , they went for $360 ...CRAZY:dizzy: but I did find out the part numbers...
1980 to 1985 Caprice Front strip #14010521 or 522
Rear Strip # 14010561 or 562

My local GM dealer says they were just removed from the parts catalouge a year ago :BangHead::BangHead: but he put me onto an after market supplier who says they are available for $51 each. I will let you know when I get the info.
wow! Thanks a bunch!:eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roggan..... PM sent :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed new impact strips today , will post photos tomorrow , looks good :beer:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Did you end up paying 51 bucks each? Looking forwrd to pics!

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Now I want to move to Canada so I can buy locally! ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts