Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I been doing some research on if I can use a 350 cam in a 305 HO engine.... Ill be moving back to California and my father and I want to get his camaro up and running but add a lil bit more power to it.... He has his big dream to throw in a blown 572 and im just trying to show him we can just spend lest money by going a different rout and still save money.... If any of you guys got any in put on the cam from a 350 please help me out thanks.....:beer:

·
Registered
285 Posts

The quick answer is NO. No matter what you do with a 305, you are losing money. Yes you can drop lots of cash in a 305 and get "some" perforance. But for less money, you can get much more performance from a 350. The parts selection is 15 times more, and 15 less expensive. You are waisting your time and money on this endevor. If it's a CA car, just check if it had an option for a 350. If it did, just drop one in. There are many reasons why a 305 isn't worth building. If for some reason you feel that you have to keep the 305 that may be different, but if there is "any" way of not using it, MOVE THE F*** on.

Jeff

·
Registered
285 Posts

And if nothing else, just drop a small shot of NOS on it. It would be dam near as cheap as a cam swap, but I wouldn't even do that.

Jeff

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The quick answer is NO. No matter what you do with a 305, you are losing money. Yes you can drop lots of cash in a 305 and get "some" perforance. But for less money, you can get much more performance from a 350. The parts selection is 15 times more, and 15 less expensive. You are waisting your time and money on this endevor. If it's a CA car, just check if it had an option for a 350. If it did, just drop one in. There are many reasons why a 305 isn't worth building. If for some reason you feel that you have to keep the 305 that may be different, but if there is "any" way of not using it, MOVE THE F*** on.

Jeff
I understand what you saying about the 305 and it not worth putting money into.... But im just trying to find a cheap way of put a lil more pep in that cars step.... Right now just useing a cam from a 350 is cheaper because i have one laying around :eek:k3:.... But in 1983 the Z28 didnt have a 350 option at all but that doesnt mean we cant throw 1 in......

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Your 305 is only putting out 165 HP with a 4 barrel carb , it will be a waste of time trying to add a few HP to that , even it costs you zero $$.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your 305 is only putting out 165 HP with a 4 barrel carb , it will be a waste of time trying to add a few HP to that , even it costs you zero $$.
Oh wow thats it :WTF: i thought it had a lil bit more to it.....:giggle: Well i guess im going back to my original and do a junk yard build or a junk yard find..... thanks bones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts