Impala Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me my first check engine light, stabilitrac light, reduced engine power lights on. Called deathstar was given a P0228C
Any Ideas?
Yea I know shes still under warranfree but trying to get a general idea

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I did Google that and all that good stuff. I guess no one had this issue before. Man this cel plays with shift patterns something fierce. Gotta go in manual mode to shift correctly. I may take her in this weekend but idk, i may try clearing the code first then waiting to see if it returns

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea, I did Google that and all that good stuff. I guess no one had this issue before. Man this cel plays with shift patterns something fierce. Gotta go in manual mode to shift correctly. I may take her in this weekend but idk, i may try clearing the code first then waiting to see if it returns
Some advice from someone who has had a vehicle bought back under PA lemon law. Do not clear the CEL yourself. Take it to the dealer and have it documented. The dealer may replace a suspected part based on the CEL and end the problem right there. You don't want to deal with the possibility of a total failure, get stranded some place and need to be towed.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Some advice from someone who has had a vehicle bought back under PA lemon law. Do not clear the CEL yourself. Take it to the dealer and have it documented. The dealer may replace a suspected part based on the CEL and end the problem right there. You don't want to deal with the possibility of a total failure, get stranded some place and need to be towed.
Agreed! Especially on such a new car. Take it to a dealership ASAP before you clear the code. If you clear the code, you are basically eliminating the data needed for the dealership to diagnose the issue. Like mentioned above, get the issue documented in case it becomes a recurring issue that they can't seem to resolve, in which case, you may have a case for a lemon law buyback.

It's probably a simple thing and you'll be fine, but it's best to have the issue documented just in case it turns out to be a bigger issue.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish there was an edit tab lol. Turns out that its a code P228C. I pulled my car into my shop ran the codes checked all parameters to find all ok. Cleared code, and parked her outside. Ill see where this goes on the drive home and see if it returns.
While doing a search I did find this which kinda fits me being that I use E-85 and I dont care what anyone's opinion is on it.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=195546

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
When asking for opinions it's best not to say you don't care about anyone's opinion...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, leaving work last night and getting about 5 minutes on the road, the check engine light, stab light, reduced engine power light came on again. Reading that service bulletin, Im gonna run this tank of E85 down to min then fill using at least regular. Ill clear the code again and see if that code returns.
Now I know that filling up this past weekend, we had 50+ degree temps and a lot of snow melting. My thought is that perhaps some of that water might have made its way into the E85 tank where I filled up. But, we'll see and go from there. Ill keep updating this thread and see where it goes.
Doing some searching the only thing I found related to gm was the corvette throwing the same code and needing the high pressure fuel pump replaced...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Stick a lit match in the gas tank and i promise the code will go away.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It has a warranty for a reason. Use it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has a warranty for a reason. Use it.
Yes youre right. But warranty does not mean all is free.
I drove her down to 49 mile to empty. Noticed the stab, reduced engine power, lights went away, leaving only the cel. Went to fill up using regular 87 fuel. Light went off.
Being that the few lights went off prior to refueling, it has lead me to believe that I had contamination when using E85 last run.
Thinking back, perhaps water had gotten into the fuel tanks where I filled up previously.
All is good now as it seems

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this happen with my 8th Gen a week ago. Ran all the E85 out and been running regular 87 fuel and it has not returned. Now that I have read your post I also think it was contaminated E85. Your story is identical to my experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this happen with my 8th Gen a week ago. Ran all the E85 out and been running regular 87 fuel and it has not returned. Now that I have read your post I also think it was contaminated E85. Your story is identical to my experience.
I just put my first tank of E85 in my 2015 Impala Limited (old style) 48000 miles. Gas gauge was almost on Empty when it threw code P228C, Service Stabilitrak, Etc. Engine power reduced...... After looking up online every site says "Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Control Limits - Pressure Too Low..." I found this interesting also. http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=195546 check it out! . So filled tank with premium gas and reset MIL code. 2 days now, no codes! I am blaming the E85, either contaminated or just shiitty fuel. no more E85 for me :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts