Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,
I have an 08 black impala and was wondering which you would recommend, for the best HID lights?? Either 8000k or 10000k. I dont want the 6000k, i think that they are too white for me. Want blue, but not too blue and still be able to see at night time.....What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I think 8000 would be your best bet coming from a safety aspect.
Not sure even with 55w 10,000s if it’ll be enough light.
I’m running 5500s in my 02 and it’s white. I like it tho.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Watch some videos on this. 8K and 10K are horrid. For everybody's sake dont run above 6000. It isnt cool to not be able to see.
Literally what he said. Headlights aren't an accessory. They are a safety feature. If you want blue lights, then use accent lighting or do a retrofit that adds blue lights along with a safe color temp main headlight.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I had 8k in my 2010 for a while. I loved them, however on a dark night or a rainy dark night they were just about completely useless for light output. that color range is too dark to be effective. i went back to a 6500k and was much happier with the light output in dark settings, it still had the slightly blue tinge to it at certain angles if I remember correctly.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Please please don't get anything above 6500 k. I had 4500k in my 09 SS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello everyone,,
I have an 08 black impala and was wondering which you would recommend, for the best HID lights?? Either 8000k or 10000k. I dont want the 6000k, i think that they are too white for me. Want blue, but not too blue and still be able to see at night time 100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail.....What do you guys think?
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts