Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,
I have an 08 black impala and was wondering which you would recommend, for the best HID lights?? Either 8000k or 10000k. I dont want the 6000k, i think that they are too white for me. Want blue, but not too blue and still be able to see at night time.....What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think 8000 would be your best bet coming from a safety aspect.
Not sure even with 55w 10,000s if it’ll be enough light.
I’m running 5500s in my 02 and it’s white. I like it tho.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I had 8k in my 2010 for a while. I loved them, however on a dark night or a rainy dark night they were just about completely useless for light output. that color range is too dark to be effective. i went back to a 6500k and was much happier with the light output in dark settings, it still had the slightly blue tinge to it at certain angles if I remember correctly.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Please please don't get anything above 6500 k. I had 4500k in my 09 SS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everyone,,
I have an 08 black impala and was wondering which you would recommend, for the best HID lights?? Either 8000k or 10000k. I dont want the 6000k, i think that they are too white for me. Want blue, but not too blue and still be able to see at night time 100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail.....What do you guys think?
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 8K HID for low beams on my 08 Impala and 6500 LED for high beams and I really can’t complain. I used to have 10K in my Monte Carlo and granted everyone in town knew me at night from the signature blue but as far as seeing in the dark not the best choice. If I had it to do again I would probably go all 6500 but 8K is best of both worlds. Main thing is get a good brand, don’t go cheap or you’ll regret it! Just my experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s just my opinion as I stated, maybe saying it’s a good compromise between function and looks would be better wording but you don’t need to act like you know better and I’m just wrong. Too much of that closed minded right fighting going on in this world. You’re entitled to an opinion too, right or wrong but notice I gave mine without putting another opinion down. Have some class!

·
Banned
78 Posts
Not everything is an opinion. There has been plenty of studies on color temp and visibility of light. 8000k lighting diminishes visibility significantly. And if saying 8000k is not the best of both worlds is considered a put down to you, you may want to consider getting some thicker skin and learn about what having class is. Someone disagreeing with you isn't classless. If I called you a moron for believing what you believe, that'd be a lack of class. You're displaying false victim mentality.
Agreed, by encouraging the use of 8000k, you are endangering the OP and potentially other drivers. The purpose of headlights isn't to look cool. It's to help see at night. 8000k are pretty much worthless on dark nights, especially if you have adverse weather conditions. Human eyes are designed to see in the middle of the color spectrum, usually around 4500k-6000k, which is where sunlight is. Stop talking about having class when you're encouraging unsafe modifications to another drivers vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everyone s missing the point! I assume you all can read, so why is it all these posts have to stray from the question the original poster asked? He said he DOES NOT WANT 6500k because it’s too white for him. He asked which one to use between 8000k and 10000k! Can we all just agree that given those parameters 8000k is way better than 10000k! Jeez! And BTW my 8000k lights up between an 1/8 and 1/4 mile down the road! I don’t listen to studies, I use REAL WORLD experience. My friends tell me my HID and LED combo are less blinding to them than the 5000 and 6500k setups. Common sense says if it’s not as bright as 6500 for the driver to see it can’t be more blinding than 6500k for oncoming traffic so saying 8000k users are taking their lives in their own hands and endangering others is an asinine.thing to say. This is why people don’t say stuff and try to be helpful cause there’s always somebody that has to come along and act like their junk is bigger. State your opinion like I did and answer the question asked By the original poster leave others users alone and STFU!

·
Banned
78 Posts
Wants to talk about class.. then tells people to "STFU". Don't talk about common sense if you have none. There is a reason why everyone here with more REAL WORLD experience is saying to stay away from 8000k. It's not as effective, and it's unsafe for the OP and other drivers. It's not unsafe for other drivers because it's blinding, it's unsafe for other drivers because the OP will have impaired visibility and is more likely to cause an accident involving other drivers. You're not being helpful, you're being the opposite of helpful to the OP. We're trying to set him up safety and success, you're just promoting unsafe modifications.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Also, feel free to post pictures of these miracle 8000k HIDs lighting up between 660-1320ft of road. Even better, show us a pic of how well they light up the road on a rainy night. I'll wait right here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
whatever, sorry I had an opinion and it wasn’t the same as yours! You’re right and I’m wrong, happy? Life is too short, I’m not wasting anymore time, got nothing more to say here. I apologize to the other users for the unnecessary drama, My last comment here EVER, mission accomplished ChevyGugu. Now let the preschool gloating begin

·
Banned
78 Posts
whatever, sorry I had an opinion and it wasn’t the same as yours! You’re right and I’m wrong, happy? Life is too short, I’m not wasting anymore time, got nothing more to say here. I apologize to the other users for the unnecessary drama, My last comment here EVER, mission accomplished ChevyGugu. Now let the preschool gloating begin
Again, it's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of scientific fact. It's been proven, scientifically that 8000k lights reduce visibility, especially in adverse conditions. It's not up for debate. Preschool was in session when you had a toddler-like mental breakdown over someone refuting your claim because we were focusing on the OPs ride being safe for him and others rather than looking cool. Also, still waiting on those pictures of your headlights lighting up 1/8-1/4 mile of pavement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone using LED bulb replacements with greater than 5000k color temp should have their headlights smashed with a baseball bat.

Sincerely,
-- Everyone driving on the other side of the freeway :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts