Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried putting the 7th gen tail lights on the 8th gen I think it would look kinda of interesting

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
How the heck would that work? Competely different body, nothing at all on the tail end is the same. Maybe I read this posting wrong...????

Reactions: WallyLO

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
I ment just the outter tailights not the reverse lights and all that shit.

Reason being the 8th gen tailights have one big circle light and one small circle light.
I would like to have just on big circle light.
And even with my led tailights if i just disconnect the smaller one the big one will be off center.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
The shape & size will not match!
Like TSS said: Completely different.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Then go with Escalade tail lights. They look cool at night.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Sadlym there really isn't other than LED's for the 8th gens from what I've been seeing... I probably won't bother getting a set unless I can score EJ's when he decides to part his out. :hope:

But what I liked about the 7th Gen's tail lights is how they had the vinyl covered or painted tails that had just the 2 circles showing, giving it that Corvette-ish rear end look. That was one of the things I was hoping for with this newer style, but wasn't. No big deal, and by far not a deal breaker.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sadlym there really isn't other than LED's for the 8th gens from what I've been seeing... I probably won't bother getting a set unless I can score EJ's when he decides to part his out. :hope:

But what I liked about the 7th Gen's tail lights is how they had the vinyl covered or painted tails that had just the 2 circles showing, giving it that Corvette-ish rear end look. That was one of the things I was hoping for with this newer style, but wasn't. No big deal, and by far not a deal breaker.
Could always get a Cobalt SS Coupe

edited it to make it more imaplaly for you.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts