Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, a friend of mine bent her passenger side trailing arm and now I am trying to find the part for her. It's a 2006, I believe it's the base model with the 3.4L V6. I can't find the part for the 2006 at any places like autozone, carquest or napa(trying to find it at a place where I can go in-store to pick it up) I've been able to find it for the 2000-2005 7th Gen.

I haven't taken exact measurements because A. it's bent so it'd be hard to and B. I need to get a breaker bar or a good enough wrench to get the bolt off of the back of the clamp that holds the rotor/wheel bearing to the strut. So does any one know if the 2000-2005 trailing arm will fit on a 2006?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
This part may be dealer only part for right now. Until a certain number of years go by the dealer retains the what ever it is called that keeps them as the only supplier of the needed part. Your local dealer would be able to help you with the matter if it would interchange with the 05 model.
You may check the salvage yard and see if someone has a wrecked car with the part you need still in good shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I found the part for the 05 at a local autozone. my only concern is if it would fit. Also I'm sure the dealer would charge an arm and a leg for the year-specific part so I'm trying to avoid that route, but I think I'll give them a call anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts