Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That's not a bad price, and I'm sure it would make a big difference. May need to get the rear brace to experience the full effect though.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
doesnt look bad. i would do it for sure cuz i have a lift at home. "An additional strut brace P/N 12456148 can be ordered for rear strut tower, but is a labor intensive installation." just wanna know what they mean by that lol

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Neither of those links worked, don't know.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First p/n:

Second p/n:

Sorry, I thought eBay was the only site the links didn't work.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Well the first link worked, it was the second 2 that didn't for some reason. At any rate, I have no idea why they list them that way. As far as I knew the body stayed exactly the same 00-05. The 00-05 brace was a little cheaper though, I'd get that one. I have to wonder, what is wrong with the factory front braces? There isn't one in the rear, I get that. But the front has one across the struts, and 2 connecting the fenders to the core support. I doubt you would see a difference upgrading those.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why I was like WTF. Why the two listings. So I get the kit and that 2nd link bar?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Agree, get the rear only. All us 8th gens have to get front and rear because ours did not come with any front.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If I were you, I would try just getting the rear tower brace first, see how that does. The sway bar upgrades might not even be necessary.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ Sorry Don, that is actually exactly what I meant. Listen to King.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Whichever one was for the rear struts, there should be no need to replace the front brace.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel dumb. Anyway, the only one that says rear is in the kit.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The kit said it comes with front and rear sway bars, but only front strut braces, it said the rear brace is available separately.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^Like I said, I is retarded. Anyway, so apparently that's the $23 one.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Ah, well that should be big bang for your buck.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so I decided to read the descrips in total, and this is what it says.

This is the $27, 00-02 Impala one:

DESCRIPTION: STRUT BAR KIT(ONE BAR KIT ONLY)
For use on 1999 - 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 - 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. These are production Buick strut tower braces designed to minimize body flex. The kit includes ONE strut tower braces, hardware. (THE HIGH PERFORMANCE CATALOG IS INCORRECT) If you want the kit that includes two of these braces it is part number 12498648

This is the $23 00-05 Impala one:

DESCRIPTION: STRUT TOWER BRACE KIT
For use on 1999 - 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 - 2005 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 - 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. These are production Buick strut tower brace designed to minimize body flex.

The first descrip says that the 2nd has two bars, thus is a kit. Not sure what the deal is then....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts