Impala Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Ya I did some reading on the transgo installation procedure and found that scuffing was necessary. Did your hard shifting throw a code and check engine light or?

Looks like I'll be doing this sometime this summer when funds allow me to do so
The hard shifting did not throw a light but, did store a code p1811 shown by a scan tool.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Trans go kit or overkill tune? That is the question

Have read that it's a bad idea to do both

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Heard doing the transmission serviceis different the 2012 model. Anyone did it yet? I just reached 52k
Yes, the transmission on the 2012+ does not have a removable pan - but it does have a drain plug. So, you simply drain and fill - just like an oil change...

Just make sure you use Dexron XI flud! Also be careful when filling the transmission fluid - the transmission has to be in a certain temperature range to get a good fluid level reading on the dipstick (180F-200F, if I recall correctly). You do NOT want to overfill it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Trans go kit or overkill tune? That is the question

Have read that it's a bad idea to do both
I don't think there'd be a problem if you let Will know that you had the shift kit in there. He'd be able to tune around it.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Did I read that correctly as dex 11? Has it gone that far already?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just did this the other day, tried to reuse the good gasket and well it leaked more than my oil filter adapter gasket does so had to use the dreaded gasket that came with the filter, knocking on wood no leaks, shifts better and firmer then before I did the filter change only difference is I was instructed by my transmission guy to add Lucas to it because well my car has almost 300k and it's still all stock.. A little Lucas transmission additive (12oz) is all that was added per my transmission guy.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just did this the other day, tried to reuse the good gasket and well it leaked more than my oil filter adapter gasket does so had to use the dreaded gasket that came with the filter, knocking on wood no leaks, shifts better and firmer then before I did the filter change only difference is I was instructed by my transmission guy to add Lucas to it because well my car has almost 300k and it's still all stock.. A little Lucas transmission additive (12oz) is all that was added per my transmission guy.
David at TEP reccomends Lucas Transfix so it's not likely to hurt anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll swear by anything Lucas when used correctly, beings to it I don't know how the previous owner took care of my car it's getting Lucas in everything engine wise

101 - 112 of 112 Posts