Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you may know, I've been offering LED retrofits for the 7th gen clusters for a little while. I am happy to announce I will now be offering the same service for 8th gens!

Basic retrofit service includes retrofitting high quality LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com in your choice of color.

Colors available:
Cool White
Warm White (stock blue-green)
Blue
Green
Yellow
Red​

Note: The stock gauge cluster gets it's blue-green color from a film applied to the gauge faces. Some colors do not show as bright as others. Red and Yellow may appear dimmer than the standard incandescents, and the color may be affected by the blueish film. Other colors, such as Blue will not illuminate the red portions of the gauges, such as the "E" on the gas gauge or the redline on the tachometer.

***For 7th gens, if you would like for me to put in new stepper motors for the cluster as well, please add $10 per gauge to the retrofit price below!***

There are a few options for doing this:

1) Send me your cluster. I will retrofit the LEDs in the cluster, and ship it back out within one business day (when given prior notice). Price for this option is $60 plus return shipping

2) Purchase a cluster from eBay or the like with similar miles to yours, and have it shipped to me. I will retrofit the LEDs in the cluster and ship it to you within one week of receiving the cluster. Price for this option is also $60 plus return shipping. This option is best for those who drive their car daily and don't want to go without a gauge cluster for the time it takes to do the retrofit.

3) Purchase a used cluster from me. I will go to the junkyard and try to find a cluster with as close miles to yours as possible. I will retrofit the LEDs into this cluster, and ship it out to you. Price for this option is $110 plus shipping These clusters will be cheaper than an eBay cluster, but it may be difficult for me to find one with the correct miles for your car.

Shipping is to and from 20850 - Rockville, Maryland

Pictures of clusters I have done:

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I will do faceplate replacements as well. HOWEVER! The gauge faces themselves sell for about $120 for the set.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also want to add, I currently have a 7th gen 6 gauge cluster and an 8th gen base cluster in stock, ready to be retrofitted.

7th gen 6 gauge Dale Earnhardt Sr. #3 cluster w/ 137k miles

8th gen base cluster w/ just under 121k miles

I'll post pictures of both tomorrow, but they're both in like-new condition. I'll sell the 7th gen cluster as it is, if anybody wants an un-retrofitted cluster for $75 + shipping. The 8th gen cluster needs to be retrofitted, as a few bulbs are out.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 8th gen SS cluster is a bit different from the rest, since the film is red instead of the greenish blue. Red LEDs will turn out the best. Warm white will make it look red. Cool white will make it look kinda pinkish. I'd recommend the red for the SS cluster.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I second the red for the SS cluster. The red was pretty faded on the non-SS cluster, really viable in high and low for temp and gas gauge. Glad to see someone doing these! Good luck Ryd! If someone would like to see how bright the red is with the non-SS vs SS just ask.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm interested in getting a used cluster and red led's but don't you have to recode the used cluster to the new vin to not get ck engine light???
By the way it a 2013 Lt gen 8

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AFAIK, the clusters are not vin locked, so no. There are a few people on here who have swapped clusters in their 8th gens with no issues

Reactions: ripper1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thx rye slo dealer told me the dic wouldn't work correctly and would most likely set off a check engine light
Dealer want to charge me 150.00 and he said he has to send out to be done

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Double checking the accuracy of that... I'll let you know for sure

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I'll pass lol. Pop has an 8th gen

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Thx rye slo dealer told me the dic wouldn't work correctly and would most likely set off a check engine light
Dealer want to charge me 150.00 and he said he has to send out to be done

When I swapped in my new whole SS assembly. The Outside Temp said it needed to be calibrated. Didn't set a CEL or anything. The mileage was zero.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a base 3800 Impala with only fuel, speed, and coolant temp gauges. If I go to a junkyard and pull a nicer cluster with a tach out of a Monte or Impala, will it swap right over without modifications? I'm a noob to this forum, so your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, the 3800 will work with any 4 or 6 gauge (with volt) cluster out of an Impala or Monte Carlo. The ONLY thing you have to watch out for is that the mileage is stored in the cluster, NOT on the car. So you want to find one with similar miles to yours, or if you don't care about the discrepancy, then just swap them.

Reactions: MWesty97

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the mileage bit, I didn't realize that was stored in the cluster itself. I'll probably just write my original mileage down in my owners manual, and write the new cluster's mileage next to it. The final sale of the car is going to be me selling it to the junkyard when I drive the wheels off it, so the only use of the odometer to me is bragging rights.
Do the 6 gauge clusters include a boost gauge?

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are two styles of 6 gauge clusters. One has the boost gauge (which will NOT work in a non-supercharged 3800) and the other has the volt gauge (which WILL work).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts