Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 78 caprice that the interior is shot in, I am having a hell of a time finding trim pieces. I know where to get soft parts like carpet, seats, headliner, etc. But trim pieces are snapped, parts missing, door panels coming apart, what do I do? I don't want to buy a parts car, especially since I've never seen another caprice around with my interior. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Headliner.

Hi you doin i jus bought a 78 Chevy Capice "GlassHouse" and its missing the headliner. Do you know where i can get another one?? and the carpet is also shot but i know where to get that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've done an extensive search and the only new interior parts I've found online are the carpet and dash. I haven't used them yet but these people advertise the ability to source all parts for a price:   Car parts for your Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Hummer, Light Truck, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and more! They also have the full schematics to view which will give you part numbers and a name of the part. It is probably what the dealerships used to have before their current online schematics.

Supposedly, there is a national database of parts currently stored in individual GM dealerships. I haven't tried it yet but they might be able to pull up the inventory by part number if anybody has parts left on-hand. This is similar the the NOS (New Old Stock) of autoparts from the 60's that dealerships still have/had on hand.

Sounds like a great business opportunity for someone to get into.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you are restoring..... you will just have to search for OEM stuff that is still around in junkyards, swap meets or languishing in dealerships around the world.

If you are not restoring, most of it can be fabricated by hand or fabricated by a custom upholstery shop.

I will keep you in mind when I am shopping for parts at the yard over the winter... drop you a line if I find anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts