Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up?My name is David.I have a 77 Impala 2 door that I am fixing up.It was my grandmas car,but she has passed on to a better place.My parents had to sell off all of her posessions when they put her in a retirement home.Grandma always said that the car was mine when she passed on.This car has alot of good memories for me.It's pretty hard to find body parts for the 77,if anyone has any suggestions on places to look please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community.

It is hard to find body parts for our cars. I had to find one recently (though I have not painted and installed it yet). Try: www.car-parts.com
It is a collection of different salvage yards where you can search for, compare price and then call the one whom you want to buy from.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
welcome dave make your grandma proud :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whats up?My name is David.I have a 77 Impala 2 door that I am fixing up.It was my grandmas car,but she has passed on to a better place.My parents had to sell off all of her posessions when they put her in a retirement home.Grandma always said that the car was mine when she passed on.This car has alot of good memories for me.It's pretty hard to find body parts for the 77,if anyone has any suggestions on places to look please let me know.
DEAR DAVE I REALLY KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND PARTS FOR YOUR IMPALA IVE HAVE A 77 ALSO HADE IT 11 YEARS AND FINDING PARTS IS LIKE PULLING TEETH. IF YOU HAVE ANY LUCK DROP ME ALINE

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, you really have to look hard for parts. I damaged the right side of my car when i was younger, and ended up finding a door 1600 miles away and shipped it while on vacation! There aren't any good parts in the rustbelt! If you can fix what you have, i say that is your best bet. Even the aftermarket fenders are awful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts