Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks Ryd. I wasn't fixing to mask each rim with a time investment of 4-6hours each. I stI'll like how it turned out

Jt, I fitted some 20 watt (very bright) chip on board style leds inside the headlight, since then I haven't felt like screwing with the headlights, some thing happened and they started acti ng up, so those are led pods for turn signals. As shown v

·
Registered
86 Posts
The blue wheels look good. Definitely different. But the darker wheels looked more sinister.

I can't believe you're working outside. We had freezing rain all evening for a nice 1/2 inch of ice.

It must be true. What happens in Vegas...

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Yeah hasn't been too cold here was a little damp for the last couple of days

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Time to get a new prescription for my glasses

·
Registered
319 Posts
The car looks great! I didn't see any mention of this anywhere, are those the Morimoto projectors??

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks. Yes they are the Mini H1 v5.1
I forget all the things I've done so some of it got left out. It's somewhere hurried in the "What have you done to your impala today"
the outside pair are Bosch E46 bi-xenon.
everything is ran with a selectable quad relay harness I built using plans from a fellow of another forum.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Photos of my 12,000 lumen (estimated not measured) setup working again

also got my new alarm installed since finding out there's folks scoping out my car at night

whilst getting it put in I walked 15 miles total from shop, to the strip, and down the strip, found a steal on a sweet watch&bracelet combo (150 off retail for just the watch) then walked back :lol:
also here's the quad diagram

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
If you drove out to Vegas, or flew me out to you lol.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Wow finally a build thread? I was wondering when this mod master was going to start one.

As always man ... Sick looking impala. You inspire me to do more led mods.

I think my next mod is going to be the cluster.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks G25! :eek:k3:
Von the issue is trying to be cost effective, and have great quality is very difficult via mail order with such a fragile application

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
One thing I didn't see in your thread and was sure you had ... Led side mirror turn signals?

Have any pictures of those? Did you use side emitting? Switchbacks? That's something I would like to do to my impala.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Oh. Yes. I bought a 5m roll of red side emitting (335iirc)
the roll was not much more than strips when I purchased. Just ran wires through mirror, into panel, from door to cabin, then to front signals. try not to get the white pcb strip (s). The insulation yellows nasty

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Cool! And yeah I usually try to get black pcb rolls but, sometimes they are more expensive and harder to find.

Running to the front signals might suck though. Maybe I can run them to the rear signals while my interior is out next time.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
G25. Do your rear turns combine with brakes? If so your mirrors will also be breaks. Not what I wanted lol. Thus the frontal wiring.

ImpKing. here ya are.

(With oem tinted window as barrier)

So recently got started on my trunk recreation.
some cheap plywood base. Single side is foil

Also moved amp to top of sub box from the back. Going to put the 5gal air tank behind box. As to only loose about 3 more inches of trunk depth.

Then fixed this

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Nicely done.. once again!

41 - 60 of 167 Posts