Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's about time I did a build thread in stead of cluttering up other pages. So here's the only stock photo, I can find.

Led emblem & switchback 3157

Hand made led dome light, 64 "3528" white led

Put cheap led strips under doors

3528 led strip across lip of hood& electroluminescent wire accent inside headlight with the first retrofit

Led signal v1

Did led demon eye 'extreme test'

Quad retrofit with passive demon eye

Installed volt meter

Plastidip rims & tires [Thanks Kevin for scheme idea]

Plastidip "Aluminum" grill & Anodized blue chrome

Plastidip "Aqua blue metal flake"

Plastidip engine cover

SSC Drop springs

Painted door handles (most complimented mod so far)

Swapped projector hid for led pod

Tinted tails & led license plate light

Plastidip interior "Tien Green"

Plastidip blue acent strips

Replaced stock mufflers with magnaflows, res delete

Rgb front emblem & fogs with signal fogs

and I probably forgot quite a bit, but much more to come!
Feedback is welcome.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently in the works, continuing the rgb leds to door handles, interior, maybe wheel wells, and tail lights (in due time)
so far one handle is complete

as soon as I figure out the controller I'm making everything exterior will be switched automaticly to legal colors (tI'll then driving with rgb off
This is my first go at something this in depth, shown is the incomplete board with only the white over-ride for front end leds & license plate cover

forgot to add the back up camera&moniter install $37 all in, thanks ebay

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Haha yeah its been about a week or so.
I'm making the plex cover for gauges(it's going to glow rgb too..lol. thinking about having someone etch something into the plex to catch the light. But idk what. If you could have your Guage cluster cover glow something, what would it be?&where? Centered across bottom? I'm thinking either a leaping impala centered (kinda a distraction or "Chevrolet" in the 60's cursive font acRoss the bottom

Edit: here's the moniter mirror-$26
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=170652278326&alt=web
this is the camera-$11
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141433147177&alt=web

Sorry it's a dark pic, phone is too dead for flash.

plex Guage cover

also ran some cat-6 ethernet cable to driv.rear door for rgb led. 8 wires inside, 4 for exterior led 4 for interior.

Another mod I did years ago and forgot about..cut up lock posts. After working with my dad in his job of unlocking cars, learned that the little post is a main point of entry.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Your impala is the one and only exotic impala out there. Man im glad to see a build thread as we all dont know what to expect from you. Keep it rolling and looking good man. :eek:k:

I still dont know how you do not have an impala of the month.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
BTW does that rear view camera have a light on it?

Im in the market for one, only if its recommended and not crap.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
This car is a beast.. Maybe I'll see it rolling around town one day lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zer, you probably have. Lol. Unless you don't drive the freeways

ImpVis, it does have a "night" mode, but keep in mind, is is only 11$ lol. IL get some night/dark reverse pics

Don, no touchie. It's up to date :lol:

Fingers crossed that I don't get run ragged at work today, like to do my alien pearl dip accents today.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the only shortcoming of this camera I've noticed is when bright lights are present. But I suppose that's to be expected.
So here's my driveway

And a very dark autozone parking lot. Only lights are my running&reverse lights. Second photo of video feed is with brake lights on also

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
How did you get the mirror/monitor for $26? When I follow the link, it says $99.99! I don't need one personally (my rearview camera shows on my headunit screen when in reverse), but was just curious...

Also, what is the difference between an I.R. night vision camera and a LED camera? I'm assuming the LED's light up real bright when in reverse, whereas the IR on my camera doesn't actually light up, but "lights up" the image some other way? It definitely is cool being able to see behind you when in reverse in total darkness! :) Just curious as to how the two methods of "night vision" compare to each other...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Looking good 702 :eek:k3: So many lights!!!

jt: IR stands for Infrared. Not sure on this, but the LED night vision might just be LED bulbs that emit infrared light instead of light within the visible spectrum. So it doesn't appear to light up to us, but will show up on IR detecting equipment.

So in other words, no difference. But I may be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, I know mine is infrared, but I guess I was assuming that @702's were acutally regular LED's that just light up whats behind him when it's dark and was wondering what the pros/cons were between the two different "methods" of getting the same result I guess... Honestly, just lighting up the area behind you with regular LEDs seems to be a cheaper and more effective way to handle it! While I can see whats behind me at night, the picture isn't actually bright like it is with @702s. I'm assuming the I.R. method is more expensive to implement (I think I paid like $70 for my rearview camera - a license-plate frame camera). Just kinda curious why they would use IR instead of regular LEDs (if that's how 702s work, which I think it is from the description on the Ebay site).

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The camera does not accually light up. The I.r. is accually infrared leds, not led assisted lighting. I forgot to mention, the mirror has a brightness setting,0-100 (mine is 65) color (85) contrast (75) also IMG 16;9widescreen or 4:3 square, as well as flip/invert option, with an rca male & rca female input, constant fused positive hook up and remote trigger turn on (for reverse light signal to auto-on mirror

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jt: just speculation of the $99, they sold out but don't want to re list at additional fee? Just guessing they don't want a buyer so put price rediculous to deter purchases

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
The camera does not accually light up. The I.r. is accually infrared leds, not led assisted lighting. I forgot to mention, the mirror has a brightness setting,0-100 (mine is 65) color (85) contrast (75) also IMG 16;9widescreen or 4:3 square, as well as flip/invert option, with an rca male & rca female input, constant fused positive hook up and remote trigger turn on (for reverse light signal to auto-on mirror
Ok, thanks. I assumed it wasn't I/R since the Ebay ad didn't mention I/R anywhere in the ad, which is why I assumed they were just regular LED's that lit things up. When you think about it, why couldn't/wouldn't they do it that way anyway?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol

To add enough light to not need I.R would be crazy expensive. Using propper night vision components is much more efficient

1 - 20 of 167 Posts