Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i do?

change gas
oil
plugs

ect.......

and it seemed to have a leek between the transmission and motor. any one know what it could be.

-dave

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The leak is most likely the rear main seal. Have you made sure the engine is not frozen? Turn it over by hand first, best if the plugs are out of it first. Squirt some oil into the cyclinders before that, then put a socket on the crank pully and spin it over a few times. If you don't hear any strange noises than crank it a few times with the starter just to get some oil up into the lifters and rocker arms, then throw the plugs back in and fire it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how hard is the seal. what about the gas? could i just put some stable in it? just to see if it runs or should i drain it all out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well after looking at it yesterday it seems like the leak started at the top of the bell housing for the trans. so that leads me to believe that its not the rear main. maybe the oil sending unit?

i think i am going to start it this weekend and check and see if i can see where its leaking.

so from what i was told the motor only has about 70 miles on it since it was re-built.

what are the steps i should take to start it?

-dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts