Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all --

I just swapped my 69 Impala 350's PG for a 700R4. Used the Lokar shift linkage, the B&M Lockup controller, and modified the original crossmember and shaft for the install.

The shifter works great, but of course the pattern is different, so the Neutral Safety Switch is wrong -- it starts in Park and 3rd gear, and the reverse lights are on when the 700R4 is in Drive.

Here's my question -- can the original PG safety switch be adjusted for the 700R4, or do I need a different NSS? If I need a different one...any ideas as to what will work?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all --

I just swapped my 69 Impala 350's PG for a 700R4. Used the Lokar shift linkage, the B&M Lockup controller, and modified the original crossmember and shaft for the install.

The shifter works great, but of course the pattern is different, so the Neutral Safety Switch is wrong -- it starts in Park and 3rd gear, and the reverse lights are on when the 700R4 is in Drive.

Here's my question -- can the original PG safety switch be adjusted for the 700R4, or do I need a different NSS? If I need a different one...any ideas as to what will work?

Thanks in advance.
I know it maybe a long shot but I have 66 impala 4dr and was looking for thenlenght of the driveshaft from the transmission to the diff as im going to a 700r4 too. Do you by chance have the length of what you used I don't have a shop close by that will even look or even do this work. Thank Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts