Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.This is my first post.I'm looking at a 69 Biscayne 4 dr 427/390 turbo 400.I'm trying to figure out if it is real.The motor was rebuilt and I found an engine tie down in the trunk.Did these only come on BB cars?Are there any other things to look for.Does anyone know how many 69 4 dr BB cars were built?The control arms on the 12 bolt are huge.Were they the same on a SB car?Was the driveshaft or fuel lines bigger then on a SB car?Does anyone know where the build sheet would be?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I believe the fuel line's are bigger, the 12 bolt is a good give-a-way, but you could order it with a SB if you wished back then. Build sheet should be under the pass. seat, or under the rear seat....what's left if it anyway. I think the aux. tie-down's were a recall item for all V-8's. You need to get the vin & cowl tag numbers and do some google work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the vin.154699L10****.It was built in Van Nuys.It looks like it may be an X RCMP car.Even if it turns out to be real I don't think I will buy it.I just can't get by the 4 dr.Cool car anyway.Good deal at 13K or maybe cheaper.:eek:k3:If it turns out to be an orig Canadian car then the owner could get option sheat from GM Historical.Sorry for name change.I didn't know I was already a member.Doh.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What color are the springs for the hood? If they are blue than it is a Canadian made car. If not than U.S made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts