Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a new heater core in my 68 Impala. I took off 4 nuts on engine side of fire wall, also removed a couple of bolts on inside. The bottom of the heater box seems to be loose, however top side in the area of the heater controls is not budging. Any suggestions would be helpful as the Fisher manual isn't very detailed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heater cores for 3rd Generation Impalas

I, too have had this difficulty. I have a 1970 Impala with factory A/C. There are no bolts accessible from the inside and none visible on the outside. I cannot get to the core at all. I am thinking I will need to completely remove the A/C evaporator assy.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Is the heater core inside the cabin behind the glove box? Might try taking off the top of the dash and see if there are any brackets there. If all items are outside under the hood might look near the base of the windshield and see is there are any screws there. Might have to remove the windsheild wiper and possible the trim strip at the bottom of the windshield also. If you have a Haynes repair manual # 24045, I found this information on page 3-8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts