Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could use the advice? I know someone that is willing to sell me a 68 Chevy Impala for about 3 grand. The motor is in great shape. The exterior of the car is not in bad shape. Some few rust problems here and there, and the seats both front and backs have a few tears in it. I am only 18 years old but jeez I love classic cars with a passion. Its not tht bad of car to fix up. The biggest problem with it is some rust on the outside and the seats. What I want to know is if anyone owns this car, would it be a good buy? How much would it be to fix up the outside and I don't mean like a SERIOUS paint job. Just something to get rid of the rust. What color would be the best on it? What about the seats? How much would it cost for a new set to be put in? And I know the motor is a 5.0 v8. And I'm afraid of the gas. Would it be that bad? If anyone has any info or advice that would be great. I'm just a 18 year old kid that loves cars like this. All it needs is seats, a simple paint job, and the slight rust. Is it worth it?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your worried about gas this car is not for you. Also you could spend another $3000 easy fixing the things you listed. Proabably more.Is it worth it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's way to much to pay for that car. Your young and need a car that gets better gas mileage. 68 also wasn't; a good year for the steel industry. This car will continue to rust on you. I just bought a 90 cutlass supreme for $1000.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts