Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to alter the post windows of a 1967 Chevy Impala Bel Air 4-door to non-post? I see that the post runs all the way from the roof to the bottom of the car. Can the top be cut away for a non-post functional use? Simply buying non-post doors would not help, would it, since the post is part of the frame, right? Need help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The entire body structure for post and non post cars is totally different. The non post cars have a reinforced roof and b pillar or where the rear doors mount. It would be possible to change the car to a 4 door hardtop it will not be easy, or as simple as just cutting the post out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which 67 4-doors are hardtop?

Among the 1967 Impala, SS, Caprice, Bel Air, which 4-doors were hardtop non-post body styles?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I don't believe there were any 4 door pillar-less versions from the factory. There were 2 door versions.

You would be able to do so but it will need reinforcement as UberWagon said above. And you will be putting some money into it in order to get this modification you want done right. The floor would also have to be reinforced and what is left of the post also needs to be reinforced. For extra safety measure if this car has a C-channel frame between the wheels on each side that should be boxed in for extra strength.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As a matter of fact they did, I would think it would be hard to get rubber parts for these cars as they are not popular with the resto crowd. I thought I remembered seeing one or two of different years in person so I did some digging on google and found a couple of pics. If you want to swap yours to a 4 door hard top I would think it would be easier to just buy a 4 door caprice. Traditionally 4 door cars are way cheaper then their 2 door brothers due to the fact no one wants a 4 door hot rod. Here are a couple of pics of some 1967 4 door Caprice's.

here is a 1968 Caprice for the heck of it.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Interesting find there. Learned something today.

I wonder how hard it would be to find one today. It would be easier to buy one instead of trying to convert his.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ht tp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Chevrolet-Impala-Runs-good-project-rat-rod-donk_W0QQitemZ270553469485QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3efe3e522d#v4-35

This just poped up.. I want to get a 67 impala.. and restore it.. or have some of my mechanic friends help me haha. But I noticed exactly what you guys are saying about the 4 doors.. the post in the middle of the doors...

also.. is this car on ebay the same as teh supernatural one.. i know the engine is different.. but the body??

·
Registered
1 Posts
UP.
I wonder if actually it is possible. Because I have nice opportunity to get Bel Air 67 sedan, but I really want this non-post-windows. Can this be done? And if so can someone provide nessecerly information about it.

Thank you very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts