Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. This is my first post here in hopes of finding some answers. I am looking to purchase a 67 ss from an individual. It seems to be in decent shape. The trunk has a few rust holes no larger than 3 inches or so. The front floors need replacement. Interior needs complete overhaul. Guy says it has original 327 w a 350 tranny...3 speed. Radiator is shot. Says it has 8000 original miles. The body is in great shape w few dings. I totally forgot to look at the milege. It also has hydraulics in which I don't care for. He's asking $3000 and I was wondering is that a fair price and how can I validate its a true ss. Oh it's black and has chrome spoke wheels. Looks pretty tough as it sits. Any insight?

·
Registered
285 Posts
67 ss

I like the 67 SS impala. I almost purchased a convertible 67 SS years ago. I am confused about the 8k original miles though. But that doesn't worry me as much as the hydraulics. Honestly, I would be very careful about this purchase. I would NOT even consider purchase until I took it to a frame guy who knows these years of cars and does a thorough inspection. Chances are they cut the frame, or at least screwed it up when they lifted it. Look carefully at everything. I don't care about the rust etc., the lifts are what I would be concerned with. If it was a mild lift, and they didn't hop it, well it might be fine, however I would have it checked.

Jeff

·
Still Plays with Cars
282 Posts
Check the VIN.
1967 Impala SS - VIN# prefix's
1967 Impala SS - 6cyl - 2dr sport coupe = 16787
1967 Impala SS - 6cyl - 2dr convertible = 16767
1967 Impala SS - V/8 - 2dr sport coupe = 16887
1967 Impala SS - V/8 - 2dr convertible = 16867

1 - 3 of 3 Posts