Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting the car 15+ years ago, the factiry a/c has been non functional and never hooked up. The equiptment is there and compressor turns but no belt on to make it go. Also, due to past work and adaptations to the car, I am not even sure that the control unit on the dash is correct. Looking to get the the heat and a/c working properly. Any pictures out there that show what things looked like out of the factory are appreciated. Getting the right equipment is likely tougher than making it work. thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
A/C

I will try to get some pics for you. Do you have any of your setup? Almost garunteed though if that compressor has sat not running for 15 years the seal is going to be bad on it. All the parts can be purchased from one place or another like ebay, different parts suppliers.

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... well aware that the system and compressor will need substantial work as there has gotta be a reason for its disconnection by the prior owner. also will need to convert from r12 to r134. i believe that everything is original from day one as most of the car is that way - 116k miles, never rebuilt but has some light restoration over the years.
jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
A/C

Nice looking car. However I am partial to convertibles. My 65 has been converted to 134. I can shoot you some pics of it soon. Keep in mind that years ago lots of people would take off the belt on compressors during winter to save gas. That could be the reason it's not hooked up.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts