Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dad passed away recently, but my Mom's still alive, and she plans to give (well gave) me her old "66" Chevy Impala thats been sitting in our garage for 13 years (not moved in other words) and I'm 15. I was wondering what I should do with it when the time comes. Should I:
Repair it and keep?
Repair and sell?
Or just sell as is?

Stay tuned for further questions.....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if it were me id keep it,its probably a pretty nice car,and could be worth a lot of money,but still id keep it in the family,it will wind up being worth more to you in sentimental value than anything else,but that sounds like it might be a nice one to restore,id repair and keep,good luck with it,

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tough question...it depends ..do you want to drive it?
does it need a lot of work?
would you get more money for it to help out with education and perhaps a smaller car/gas..
i drove one when i was 16...34 years ago so if it has been kept up it is going to sell well to a collector..can u do the repairs? I am sure you will need tires and a new motor for starters..if not u need a good mechanic..all is costly so if u decide to sell put the money in the bank for school

·
Registered
3 Posts
1966 Impala

I'd keep it. I had a 1966 Impala Convertible and man I wish I kept it.

Impalass

·
Registered
828 Posts
A car has got to connect with you and I'd say it depends on that.

Out of the years Chevy's that I like, say 55 thru 96, I like the '66 thru '70's the most and of those the '66 was to me the nicest.

There's more wrong with my '92 than a '66.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts