Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I'm the new guy. If this is posted in the wrong place i apologize.

My Father passed away and left the kids his 1964 Impala SS and we need to sell it. We don't know what it's worth in it's present condition.

We have had some offers but i don't know what is reasonable. Can someone give me a ballpark?

1964 Impala SS
4 speed manual
327 all original - never rebuilt
parked since 1989 - running condition before parked
I have all 4 original hubcaps

Thanks for your help
Marc

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
What were the offers?

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
If it's a true SS, gotta believe it's worth more than that for even parts to the right buyer. How much more, not sure.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
If it's a true SS, gotta believe it's worth more than that for even parts to the right buyer. How much more, not sure.
If it were in better, running condition, I might agree. But it's rotted out. It needs a total resto.

It's a 327 SS - those weren't all that rare. So it doesn't have a lot of value, like a rare 70-454-SS Chevelle, for example.

Anybody doing a resto on this has to start at frame off and go up from there. They'd have to spend thousands on a car that won't return it.

Whoever spends more than that will need a special (personal) attraction to it, but, for me, it needs to be a lot more special to get much more than 500 bucks. A hot, stock 409, for example, with the interior in batter shape.

I think 500's a decent number.

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gotta agree with piano-doug, $500 is about the best you can expect. It was original in '89 which means it was a 25 year old well used car then. Since then it has sat outside and rotted for another 25 years. Not much value left and although it is old, age alone doesn't make something collectible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where is the car at and is it sold? Car is definitely worth more than $500 unless there are no floors or trunk left in it. What else is the car missing?

·
Registered
11 Posts

My Father passed away and left the kids his 1964 Impala SS and we need to sell it. We don't know what it's worth in it's present condition.

We have had some offers but i don't know what is reasonable. Can someone give me a ballpark?

1964 Impala SS
4 speed manual

Thanks for your help
Marc

Do you still have the car??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i still have the car...its at my home in utah.
the car it complete...floors are ok but probably need to be replaced

i will probably keep it and restore it later

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glad to see that you will keep it, but jack it up off the ground first chance you get.

I'm late to reply on it and it very well could be a good restorable car, but if it were close by here, I would pay at least $800 for it as a parts car.

Bill

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
64 Impala SS - What's it worth?

1964 Impala SS
4 speed manual

Thanks for your help
Marc

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
Report this image

Report this image

Report this image

Report this image

Report this image

^^^^THIS CAR IS WORTH AT LEAST $2,500 I RESTORED ONE FROM BEING A RUST BUCKET TO A NICE DRIVER CAR I SOLD IT FOR $25,000
http://s282.photobucket.com/user/bmwic155/media/P1010460.jpg.htmlReport this image

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
THIS WAS MY FIRST RESTORED IMPALA 64 SS 327 4 SPEED I BOUGHT IT IN THE SAME SHAPE LIKE THE ONE POSTED BY 1964 IMPALA I BOUGHT IT FOR $2,000 INVESTED AROUND $10,000 SOLD IT FOR $25,000 I BOUGHT ME AND MY FAMILY A DECENT HOME IF IT WAS NOT FOR ME HAVING TO MOVE INTO A HOME ASAP I WOULD OF NOT SOLD IT BUT FAMILY COMES FIRST!

I MISS MY 64

·
Registered
1 Posts
1964 409 ss

I'm a new guy too. I just inherited a 64 SS 409 4-speed impala. I have the original bill of sale which shows the following options: 4-speed trans $236.75, 340 hp 409 $24?.10, positract axle $43.05, am/fm radio & speaker $150.15 (I was surprised by the cost of this in 1964),tinted ws $21.55, and padded dash $18.30. The car runs and drives but needs a total restoration due to rust in most of the car. It is dark blue ext and blue int. The original engine is in it as well as the original trans and rearend. The only thing that appears to be wrong with any of it is the water pump looks to be from a 348 according to a knowledgeable guy I had look at it. I'm wondering if anybody can tell about how much I would spend restoring this car and if I can't afford it, how much should I ask if I sell it? Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody can tell about how much I would spend restoring this car and if I can't afford it, how much should I ask if I sell it?

Sounds like a real interesting car, but to Restore it, an experienced person would need to actually be there to check it over. Without pictures, which would only produce a range in the ballpark anyway, it would be anyone's wild guess.

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello All
Just to update this thread for the next guy...
Benny turned out to be right.
I had 4 reasonable offers.
$2000, $2500 and two for $3000.
The car is worth 3-5k as is depending on location.
Hope this helps the next guy

·
Registered
2 Posts

1964 Impala SS
4 speed manual

Thanks for your help
Marc

Marc, what part of the country are you in? I would be interested to drive to you and perhaps make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Al

1 - 18 of 18 Posts