Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My existing rear seat back did not have the speaker grill-I figured that the last person who re-did the interior decided to go straight accross with the foam and upholstery. Ordered new seat covers for an Impala and of course it came with the recess needed for the rear speaker frame and grill. Removed the existing seat covers only to find the seat frame does not have the "cut out" for the rear speaker. I suspect that all Impalas came with a rear speaker or at least the grill, and I must have a Belair or Biscayne rear seat back. I located and got the speaker frame and grill. Ciadella interiors, who made the seat covers ( and did a great job) said that they have come across this many times and it's not a big deal-just need to make a few cuts and re-frame the seat back with a heavy gauge wire. The place that was so highly recommended to me to have entire interior installed (NYC) is making a really big deal about doing this. I've lost like 3 weeks so far because of this. Anyone have any comments, or actually any pics of Implala seat back (from the back side) so I can see what the framing is supposed to look like?
Thanks, Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts