3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 61 2d hard top NO post.
348 engine
power glide
98660 original miles

Its not rusted its been under cover or in a garage for last 40 years, moms car
now my space taker.

I always wanted to restore it but I have 4 kids and no time or money to do it right.

needs completly gone through motor is good but hasnt been started for 10 years.

body has some damage my grandpa borrowed it from time to time when i was a kid and wasnt a very good driver!

interior needs restored seats are worn but not trashed chrome is ok

What is it worth????? I really dont want to sell it but I'll never fix it....

Thanks,
Rollernose

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Anywhere from 11k to 44k depending on the shape it's in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics

It is currently in a pole barn with no lights. I'll be working on getting it out and take some pictures soon.

I appreciate your honesty; I really don’t want to give this car away. I am probably to emotionally attached to be objective about its value though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pictures

I tried to get pictures that would show the good and the bad.
Grandpa kind of beat the Rear quarters up unfortunately.
There is some damage to the drivers side quarter also; not as bad
as the passenger though.
Only surface rust in trunk area and only one small spot of rust
in front of right rear wheel well.
I can take more pics if you want to see some.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Those quarters are fixable. Do NOT give it away. myself, I would find some way to restore it, even if it took 5 years. Of course you can always ask, like, 15k to start and see where that leads. Someone might want it REAL bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, those pics bring back memories. Looks just like my dad's 1961.. trade the 348 for a 283 and three on the tree with overdrive... he sold his with small rust on the rear right quarter and frozen engine for $3,000 back in 1992, made me sick. Find a way to keep it if possible, make it a project with the kids...
If not, then get the most out of it. Someone will be willing to part with some green for that car...

·
Registered
38 Posts
There you go:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...1035&d=6467&c=7&o=7442&vi=65688&z=94087&da=-1

Retail price can be anything between 9K to 41K depending on the condition. I have seen some really old rusty ones for 5K or less, but if yours is in good condition you might be able to sell for quite a lot more.

If I were you I'd restore the interior and clean it up a bit without spending too much so it'd appeal to the buyers.

I also need to mention that I had seen people selling 50's Impalas (fully restored ones though) for as much as 50 grand.

I'd assume that its very hard to sell a car like that, considering the small number of people who consider buying that type of cars. So I agree with the idea of keeping it. it'd be a better idea to keep it and restore it. However, if that's really not an option, parting out the car will definitely be the best way to get the most money out of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Impala

Keep the Impala and fix restore it. Im looking for a 62 bubble top but are hard to find, if I had one I will not sell and try to bring it back to life.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
keep it restore it i have one just like it but 283 redone

my grand pa had a red one just like ti i restored it and have won many shows. great pleasure as i do this kind of work and have been working on htis car for 10 yr. always makin it better and better.[/B]
I have a 61 2d hard top NO post.
348 engine
power glide
98660 original miles

Its not rusted its been under cover or in a garage for last 40 years, moms car
now my space taker.

I always wanted to restore it but I have 4 kids and no time or money to do it right.

needs completly gone through motor is good but hasnt been started for 10 years.

body has some damage my grandpa borrowed it from time to time when i was a kid and wasnt a very good driver!

interior needs restored seats are worn but not trashed chrome is ok

What is it worth????? I really dont want to sell it but I'll never fix it....

Thanks,
Rollernose

·
Registered
292 Posts
Rollernose,

It may be a bad time to sell. I don't know how old your kids are but I would try to make a project of bringing back Grandma's Impala. Take it slow and work on the easy stuff and get it back on the road. My son's and work on our cars together and its great.
Get some help from your buddy's on stuff you are comfortable with. You also have contacts and resources here.

Just think of the fun it will be going to a weekend cruise spot with your wife and kids..

How does that go, Take a kid to a car show.

The long term reward will be priceless.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice 61

You got a keeper there. That car has one piece california bumpers that are very rare and a true 348 car is a true gem. Only thing better is a 409 then a SS but there was only about 140 made that year as it was the first year of the SS. Anyway im partial to 61s. That car deserves love its a beautiful unmolested bad azz ride. Congrats and im not easily impressed.:beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts