Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I ordered a set of 5000k bulbs for my low beams because I wanted to see how they look vs. My current 6000k bulbs. Well I got them and they're ugly as can be. The color of them looks like normal halogens but brighter because of the ballast. Does anyone have 5000k and can tell me if what I'm seeing is normal or are they supposed to be literally white because thats what I was expecting.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Should be white at 5000 sometime different brands are off on their color

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
6000 have a blueish tint

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know. my 5000 isn't white at all though is what bothers me. its the yellow/halogen color...
i'll post a picture of it in a second. although it might be hard to see what I mean through the picture

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Might be 4300 or less. What brand did you get?

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Can you take a pic with a 6k in one side & the 5k in the other against a solid color wall, so we can see the actual difference in one pic?
Please & thank you!

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5k on top and 6k on the bottom? it's against a white garage door. but if I have time later I will.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
5k on top and 6k on the bottom? it's against a white garage door. but if I have time later I will.
Ohhhhhhhh. duh. :tongue3:
I see the white fog light line now.
I just thought that was from the projection. My bad. :bang:

WoW! That is a big difference.

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I know. do you see what i'm saying how it's not white and more like a halogen color though? driving me fricken nuts. not to mention one of the lights wont light up consistently.:bang:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Do you have a wire harness for the hids or are you using factory wiring?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
mine are 5000K

No pics at night against a door but you get the idea they are slightly blue
mine are xentec digital slim ballast hids off ebay:beer:

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no wiring harness. the wire's got burnt somehow around the connectors. fixed it from not coming on too. comes on everytime now. I think I just have a bad set of bulbs or something because all the other ones I have seen are a ton more white. I actually just took my car around the block to see how it is at night and it really lights up the road surprisingly. just a tad too yellowish for me with these bulbs

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
You should really invest in a hid wiring harness
and
i think you got some bad bulbs. Even if they are labeled 5000k they are still the wrong bulbs.

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah probably. I have aftermarket headlights that are identical to the stockers so do you think that the wiring would be better? but yeah I think I might just keep them on there for a while until more money comes around then buy some better quality ones.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
The factory wiring harness will keep getting fried trying to feed those hids.
Its not after there on as much as when they first fire up thats what really kills them the inital voltage spike.

Look up how to make your own hid wiring harness.
I made my own and it only cost me $4 i just had to buy the relay i had all the other shit laying around.

I have had my $20 hid kit off ebay for over a year now with no problems. The relay makes the difference.

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah trust me I understand. I have a relay harness but the wires burnt somehow and it doesn't work anymore. so I just haven't replaced it that's all. do you think that my headlights being aftermarket will be fine to not run the harness though is what im wondering?

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha would my aftermarket headlights have better wiring on them that would resist heat better for the HID's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts