Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this? Skill level? What is the difference between the factory feel and with this kit installed?? I currently have no transmission issues at all but will have the pan dropped soon for a filter change anyways. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's very easy. Once the pan and filter are removed the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators can be serviced. It doesn't make the trans shift harder but shifts much quicker. It should have come from the factory that way.

While you have the pan off; change the pan out for an aftermarket with a drain plug. They are less than $20 and available at RockAuto. I like to change the trans fluid every-other oil change. Don't forget to add the 2nd pan magnet if it doesn't already have one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's very easy. Once the pan and filter are removed the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators can be serviced. It doesn't make the trans shift harder but shifts much quicker. It should have come from the factory that way.

While you have the pan off; change the pan out for an aftermarket with a drain plug. They are less than $20 and available at RockAuto. I like to change the trans fluid every-other oil change. Don't forget to add the 2nd pan magnet if it doesn't already have one.
I see the zzperformance one with lots of extra cooling fins for 100 but its aluminum. will the magnets stick? It says there is one built into the drain plug but I would never trust just that plus there is a tsb on this calling for a second magnet anyways

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am not sure what you would use to stick the magnets to the pan. I am sure there is an epoxy that would do the trick, but I haven't ever used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts