Impala Forums banner

4t65e No forward gears

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Brhatweed 
#1 ·
Ok, so here's the deal, I have an 08 Impala police with a 3.9l engine and the 4t65e transmission. I got stuck at work due to the car not moving when shifted into drive. (I tried manually shifting it into 1st, 2nd and 3rd as well.) I pulled the TRANS fuse and was able to get it home in limp mode. I checked fluid levels, they were good. Fluid was a nice red and did not smell burnt.

I still however changed the fluid and filter, and made sure the shift linkage was good, still nothing.

Fuses checked out well too.

I ordered a TCM off of eBay and installed it. It seemed to fix the problem, however not for very long. After a few drives I got the codes p0700, u0037 and u0101 so i disconnected the new(ish) TCM and cleaned the contacts.

Codes went away, but alas, still no forward movement. I'm wondering if I should try another TCM as there might've been a short and/or contact issue with the replacement..? I'm also wondering if it may be a broken band or maybe one of the solenoids went out.. But before I crack the Tranny open I thought I might ask you guys.

Thanks in advance!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Tough spot to be in.
But, from what I've learned this week; your situation could be worse.
You could have been paying Car Shield $129.95 @ mo. for a claim rejection form letter.
You had no responses.
I wish we had good news for you.
Sorry about your tranny!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.