Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
No. Well, not ones for sale anyways. They made a couple of LS powered SS's recently, one of them may have been a 454; can't remember the exact displacement of them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think you're right. One of them had a 572, the other a twin turbo LS block? I know I could find the info, but I don't really care enough.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
im pretty sure 1of them w the 572 was on ebay like last year:biggrin: it was so sick

·
Registered
303 Posts
I seriously doubt GM would sell one of their test mules on e-bay.
Don't remember if it was eBay or Barrett-Jackson, but GM just recently cleaned house of its older prototypes and test mules [aka Moss' toy box]. The big block SS, the El Camino prototype, the SS wagon went in the bidding.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Yes GM is selling those sort of cars, have to put up a good show of trying to raise cash when asking for handouts.

GM has built a lot of interesting one off cars but NONE of these were sold for a dealer in the 90s.
So I hink far as the original question the answer needs to be no they did not make any big block cars.

There are rumors that GM did it but it is spread by ignorant people, lots of myths surround the 90s ImpalaSS.

Individuals have put big blocks in with mostly mediocre to sad results.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Don't remember if it was eBay or Barrett-Jackson, but GM just recently cleaned house of its older prototypes and test mules [aka Moss' toy box]. The big block SS, the El Camino prototype, the SS wagon went in the bidding.
Yes, unfortunately, all those cars went up for auctin through Barrett-Jackson. What a shame GM had to get rid of so many historical assets.

The two cars I'm talking about are very recent builds and I couldn't recall if one of them was a 454 or not. I'm very aware the correct answer to the OP's question is simply "no," but I didn't want to get caught in a technicality and I didn't care enough to look it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts