Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I know its been a while since I have posted so i thought I would share my experience with you all. Here is Missouri we have been having heavy rains and one morning i woke up to find 4 inches water in passenger floorboard since i just had the windshield replaced I figured they didn't seal it right so i took it back it. happened again so i took it back again this time we water tested it and powder tested it couldn't find a leak. I called Chevy and they told me about a little seal under the wiper cal above the fresh air vent and guess what is wasn't there lol replaced it and no more water in floorboard. I can post pics of it if y'all need or want.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I think maybe a weather stripping failure, but I'm not 100%. Sorry, good luck!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Did you forget to read the whole post?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
LOl yeah Donmateo its fixed was a seal above the fresh air filter.
MY BAD! Sorry! Guess not, I was talking to my buddy while I responded and kind of assumed that he needed help. There was a really similar post not to long back so that's why I guessed you needed help. Oh well.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Thanks for posting them. Might want to change the cabin air filter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just finished this repair...and then found the pictures! I feel better after looking at it. I was afraid my heat core had broken, but fluids looked good. Hopefully this fixes it for me as well!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have my fingers crossed for ya. All of my carpet is dry so hopefully today i will get to put it all back together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Sequoyah! Had my mechanic double check it this morning & drove it to Cincy (about a 50 mile trip and no problems), just waiting for the floor mat and carpet to completely dry!

BTW, he said he had a Chevy 1500 pick up come in with the same thing a few weeks ago, he knew right away what it was.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took mine all out and hung them in the shop was glad I did because there was about another 1/2 inch or so under the flooring after wet vacing. Idk how much water got into you rig if you can i would try to check under you carpet the foam backing on mine dripped for days lol. Any who glad it helped I was pulling my hair out

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've done tons of them. Happens to almost every one of them eventually. All w bodies will do it also.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please posts pictures if you can I have the same problem . Cant figure out where the water is coming from. PAssenger side only. It has now shorted out my speakers and door chimes. Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Please posts pictures if you can I have the same problem . Cant figure out where the water is coming from. PAssenger side only. It has now shorted out my speakers and door chimes. Thanks for any help on this.
Click the link in the post above yours

1 - 20 of 20 Posts