Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the 3rd generation camaro which was better the z28 or the iroc-z? i'm thinking this shoudl have a straighfoward answere rather than something based one matter of preference.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lanke I built both the 2nd and 3rd Gen Camaros and Firebirds at the Norwood assy. plt and owned 2 of them( my 1st was stolen before I made the firs pymt. on it by the way). We put stiiffer springs, heavier sway bars,Bilstein shocks, an engine that was "tweaked". It had twin breather elements / intakes under the hood with a different cam and 2.05 valves in the heads. It would do .93 g's on the skid pad with gatorback Goodyear 16" low profile tires. The Z was only good for .87g,s on the skid pad with 15" tires ( the low profile tires were the same HT. as a 14". It could also be "tweaked" suspension wise by using the T/A WS6 front stuts and neoprene bushings in the sway bars. Since mine rolled down the line we were able to switch ID # on struts and neoprene bushings to get thru inspection and a 12 bolt WS6 rearend switched for the IROC( the rearend had no paint on it so we painted it black ) In 1987 the 350 IROC Camaro beat the times of the 1969 350 Camaro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts