Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the torque specs for the intake bolts off hand? I am at work and don't have my manual with me.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
For some reason I have 35ft lbs in my head....Found this; Sounds about right to me

"According to my Chevrolet Factory Performance Guide, the spec's call for 30 ft. lbs. of torque working from the center bolts in a criss-cross fashion to the end bolts. Use thread sealer on clean bolts, and a drop or two of engine oil where the head of the bolts contact the intake. The intake gaskets will settle, and after sitting over night, go over them again with the torque wrench. Many mechanics use the three pound added torque to insure a good seal, but I have had engines that had to be gone over several times before they finally stopped leaking. If after you torque them they leak, then go 1/8 of a turn more, and this should fix it"

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Seems like that is a more likely cause to the problems I have been having with oil consumption, since it's on mainly one cylinder, a little on the one next to it, and I pulled the oil pan not that long ago and there were no piston ring pieces in it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts