Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post here. I am trying to help with my father car here. It's a 2000 3400. Owned since new with 79000 miles. It started leaking coolant on the passenger somewhere and we thought water pump. Since it wasn't too expensive we got a new one in to no avail. Still leaking. Put it up on ramps and. When a I got under it I still couldn't see exactly where it was coming from, but it looked like it was coming from behind the tensioner. Looking to see if anyone can help point us in the right direction. I checked the rad hoses, coolant hoses, and heater core lines. I read somewhere about elbows but I didn't see any, or that it could possibly be freeze plug? Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
2002 Impala 3.4L V6 LT FWD 243.1k miles
321 Posts
@S10blazer28: I know this thread is 8 years old and the OP probably doesn't even own the vehicle anymore (heck - maybe it's been shredded!), but for anyone else poring over these Gen-7 posts looking for answers, the OP's leak is most likely coming from the Front Cover gasket, or it could also be the Lower Intake Gasket/Sealer leaking at the bottom of the valley. That's why he "couldn't see exactly where it was coming from". Gotta move all the junk in front out of the way first ... to be able to see it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts