Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i really want to buy some after market parts for my 3400 series motor in my 2004 impala. Im looking for cam/heads headers everything but i cant find a website for 3400 only 3800 is anyone selling any aftermarket parts or do you know a website that sells it. I want to pump some power into this little motor !!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
The only power adders you will be able to do is a FWI (fender well intake) U- beng delete, 2 3/4 exhaust, and overkill pcm tune. all info can be searched on this forum.

milzy offers a 3500 top end swap, but there isn't alot of info out there for this in an Impala, and I wouldn't expect much gains with it.

3500 Top Swap (w/ ported intakes and gaskets!) - Milzy Motorsports

Other than the above mentioned parts, your only real performance upgrades will be to do an engine swap.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Unless you have a large budget and serious mechanical skills, I would just do a FWI, U-bend delete, 2 3/4 exhaust and an OVERKILL tune. A swap is going to run quite a bit and require a lot of down time. :eek:k3: I hate to be a buzz kill but that is about it. Anything else would have to be custom fabricated.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
If you want an engine you can build, yes. L67.

L67 can be found in :
1996–2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
1997.5–2004 Buick Regal GS / GSE / GSX (SLP)
1996–1999 Buick Riviera (optional 1996-97, std. 1998-99)
2004–2005 Chevrolet Impala SS
2004–2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged/Intimidator SS
1996–1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS (limited)
1996–2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
1997–2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP / GTX (SLP)
1996–2004 Holden Commodore VS (series II), VT, VX, VY

Not many have done a 3800sc swap in a 3400, here is 1 link.
http://www.impalaforums.com/7th-gen...59-taking-the-plunge-3400-to-3800sc-swap.html

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Milzy they also have kits and individual parts like throttle bodies and intake manifolds, I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of these and seen any gains. I'd be very surprised ifthe didnt have any added benefit

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
To be honest: A simple ported throttle body, FWI, exhaust, and overkill pcm are NOT going to net huge gains. If you want a big difference and can afford it you'd be better off selling your current 3.4 and buying an 3.8 SS. The money you'd have to spend in order to get the power of an SS just would make it worth while. Unless, you just want a little more HP then, I would suggest a Downpipe, FWI, Exhaust, and Overkill tune. That should net you decent gains and keep your budget under $1k easily. Those are my plans for my 3.8.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
k&n filter (or fwi, even better). $60

Highflow exhaust (better with a downpipe) and a high flow cat with a U bend delete
$300 exhaust / $235 catted downpipe

Good tune up with new acdelco plugs and quality wires. $100

and an OVERKILL PCM tune will blow you away. $200

All of these mods can be done for under $1000 and will really wake your car up. No it won't be a SS, but it won't feel like your driving grandpas car either. Throttle response will be 100x better, the transmission will shift 100x firmer and your acceleration and top speed will be a lot higher. The big draw back on these cars is the horrible characteristics of the transmission, here is where you will see the most gains. You won't regret it if you like your car and plan on keeping it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
As stated, your going to throw a ton of money into the 3400 and still be slow. Real slow.

Your better off taking all the money you would spend on mods and buying an L67 motor, dropping that in and throwing in the HD transmissions differential and pass side axle to make your trans HD.

Right off the bat, you will cut seconds off your 1/4 mile. Not to mention do headers, intake, tune, and a 3.4 pulley and you'll break into 13's. The car will also have potential to be an 11 second car (if you wanna spend tons of money)

Your best bet is to swap motors like I said, or get an l26 block (low mileage) and top swap it. Then spend a little extra for headers, intake, a GOOD tune, and a 3.5 or 3.4 pulley. Best bang for your buck right there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts