Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home the car lost power, egine light was flashing and engine was running rough. Stopped at Advance and code 306 came up. I'm going to change plugs and wires. What else could it be?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
bad coil pack

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Driving home the car lost power, egine light was flashing and engine was running rough. Stopped at Advance and code 306 came up. I'm going to change plugs and wires. What else could it be?
Before changing the wires: Start the car in a dark room and look for any spark or arc coming off the cables. The stock cables are really good quality (delphi) and you shouldn't have any issues with them. Most likely just spark plugs, coil pack, or ICM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before changing the wires: Start the car in a dark room and look for any spark or arc coming off the cables. The stock cables are really good quality (delphi) and you shouldn't have any issues with them. Most likely just spark plugs, coil pack, or ICM.
Thanks I'll try that first.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
the problem was bad coil. i changed it and running good now.
Sweet! These coil packs are common to go out. Do yourself a favor and place dielectric grease on the prongs (on icm) that go into the bottom side of the coil pack. Also put some on the studs/wire boots to protect from moisture. Moisture kills these coil packs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts