Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how i have a basic 01 impala (not LS) with a 3.8 V6. i thought the basic impala's had the 3.4 V6 and the LS had the 3.8, i wasjust kinda wondering how it worked

·
Registered
10 Posts
huh?

Well, gee........... the way they work is, after putting some gas in the fuel tank, you find the right key, put it into the ignition and turn it to the right. That will start the engine and then to make it go there is a stick to the right of the steering wheel and you..........

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just when i got the car i was suprised to see the bigger engine in it. so what is the difference between the base one and the LS apart from the engine?

·
Banned
91 Posts
just when i got the car i was suprised to see the bigger engine in it. so what is the difference between the base one and the LS apart from the engine?
the ls models tended to have the nicer set rims, either the ones you have or the ones that i have on mine that are basically the SS rims only they are not chrome. also the LS sometimes have leather, and they do not have a three seats in the front, mine has a center console... all around the ls is just a bit more sporty then the base model. also there is an LS sport model and all that one is, is just a step below the SS model... different gauges, rims, exhaust tip, engine all the basics... are you sure yours is not an LS model? from your picture it looks like it might be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it doesnt say Impala LS on the back or on the doors, plus it doesnt have the spoiler, and it doesnt have the fog lights at the front

·
Banned
91 Posts
it doesnt say Impala LS on the back or on the doors, plus it doesnt have the spoiler, and it doesnt have the fog lights at the front
from the looks of things i would say that you have a cross breed between the ls and the base model lol....i wouldnt complain, i personally like the 3.8 better then the 3.4 anyways

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah im not complaining lol i was just wondering, i like the engine in mine, it seems pretty fast, but then again im from england where a 2.0 litre engine is big lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nearly everything from the LS model was available as an option on the base model.

All LS models have foglights and the 3.8L motor. Easiest way to spot a loaded base model as opposed to a loaded LS model is by the "Impala" text badge on the trunklid. Base models have chrome text, LS models have body-colored text.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Musky, you can buy a Gauge cluster from an LS, LSS, or SS car. Not all years are compatible with all gauges, but you could surely check it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would the VIN in Carfax indicate truly what it is? This post got me wondering. Mine is listed by VIN as an"Impala", and has the nicer radio, bench seat in the front with console, and 3.8 engine, traction control, dimmer mirror, etc, but I have silver letters on white on the trunk panel.

2000 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2G1WF55K9Y9297618
Sedan 4 Door
Front Wheel Drive

*** No foglights, so I must have an optioned out regular Impala?***

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Don

Yeah. Ive researched it some more and it looks like I have most every option-including traction, just in the base body.

Weird. *shrug*

·
Registered
375 Posts
The chrome script on the tailpanel and unpainted sideskirts mean it's a base model.

Most people don't know the difference anyway. People often comment on how nice my "Lumina" is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not the side (door) moldings, the side skirts.

You're talking side (door) moldings. Look between the front and rear wheels at the very bottom. Your side skirt is painted body color... his is not.

Only LS Sport and SS models have body-matching door moldings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts