Impala Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but I couldnt find the details on the US Settlement, but it's similar, I ran across this and figured I would post it for those effected..

Final Notice of Certification and Settlement Approval
GM intake manifold gasket class action

This notice may affect your rights. Please read it carefully.

PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
In 2006, seventeen (17) proposed class actions were commenced in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan alleging, inter alia, that the nylon intake manifold gaskets installed in certain General Motors Corporation and General Motors of Canada Limited (“GM”) vehicles were defective.

A settlement has been reached between the plaintiffs (the individuals who commenced the lawsuit) and GM, (the “Settlement”). The members of the class affected by the Settlement are generally those who owned or leased certain GM vehicles, listed below, who incurred expenses for certain related repairs (“National Class Members”). Please note that vehicles must be for personal, family, or household use, NOT for commercial or business purposes.

Terms of the Settlement

All National Class Members who submit a proper Claim Form, Proof of Expenditure, and Proof of Ownership before April 30, 2009 will be eligible to receive payment from the Claims Administrator according to the following payment schedule:

(a) For National Class Members who incurred an eligible repair expense within five years of the Date of Initial Vehicle Delivery, an amount equal to the eligible repair expense, up to a maximum of $400.

(b) For National Class Members who incurred an eligible repair expense in the sixth year after the Date of Initial Vehicle Delivery, an amount equal to the eligible repair expense, up to a maximum of $100.

(c) For National Class Members who incurred an eligible repair expense in the seventh year after the Date of Initial Vehicle Delivery, an amount equal to the eligible repair expense, up to a maximum of $50.

Any National Class Member who is eligible to receive cash payment under subparagraph (a) above may opt to instead receive 40% of the eligible repair expense, up to a maximum of $800, if the National Class Member submits Proof of Internal Leak Repair Expense showing a repair costing over $1,500 due to a diagnosed internal coolant leak.

Oldsmobile - 1995-2003 Ninety-Eight, Intrigue, Eighty-Eight, Cutlass Supreme, Cutlass Ciera, Alero, Achieva,

Chevrolet - 1995-2003 Venture, Monte Carlo, Malibu, Lumina, Lumina Van, Impala, Corsica, Camaro, Beretta,

Buick - 1995-2003 Skylark, Rendezvous, Regal, Park Avenue, LeSabre, Century,

Pontiac - 1995-2003 Trans Sport, Montana, Grand Prix, Grand Am, Firebird, Bonneville, Aztek,

Complete information regarding the Settlement of the class action can be found at www.gmcanadiansettlement.ca

This is primarily for the 3.1/3.4 cars, but SOME 3800s maybe effected.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry but I couldnt find the details on the US Settlement, but it's similar, I ran across this and figured I would post it for those effected..

This is primarily for the 3.1/3.4 cars, but SOME 3800s maybe effected.
Unfortunately, the deadline has passed to file for compensation. My wife's GA had to have the intake done when it was maybe 10k out of warranty but we no longer have the paperwork. Dammit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Replaced uper manifold plentum and lower manifold gaskets. Had coolant leaking into the oil. Had to do it. Is what it is. Cost about 200 in parts, free labor! (Did it myself)

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Just had mine replaced at 145k miles but, has been leaking for a good 30k miles.

Upper gasket was pretty close to failing and lower didn't look that bad but was stock. Swapped lower gaskets for newer aluminum and changed entire upper intake and gasket with redesigned one.

Now tracking down an idle issue at the shop

Bought the parts myself for $300 and paid someone $200 to do it. I had plenty of other parts replaced at this time hence the extra parts cost.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this Suit Still Active?

Does this suit cover a leaking Valve cover?
Well idk if its the valve cover, But Oil Soaks the Front Bank Of My '00 Bonneville Engine. Probably Something as Minor as Changing the Valve cover and Gaskets... But I'm not sure, But If they can pay for it, Why not?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
This suit is over and no longer is in effect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.