Impala Forums banner

1 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Who out there has 100k miles or more on their 3.6L Impala? My 2016 LTZ Limited has 110,630 miles and still runs strong. Tell us about yours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m pushing 156k in my 2013. Had my CEL flashing on me early, so I should probably have it checked out. Up until now she ran without any issues

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine 2 years ago today with 57K on the clock. I avg 480mi/wk for my commute + 500mi for our monthly weekend road trip. I enjoy driving this car! My only downside for this car is that it doesn't get the same respect as my Silverado does in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
That’s what I read, it went away after about 2 minutes, and hasn’t done it since.

If you drive a motor vehicle with a flashing CEL, you can cause damage to the vehicle - including damaging the catalytic converter, in a short period of time.

There should be trouble code(s) stored, which would point you to the problem area (to prevent future problems.)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Closing in on 200,000 miles on our 2012 lt, will surpass that point sometime this year. We bought the car new July of 2012. No major issues(knock on wood).

·
Registered
230 Posts
113k weird random misfires not enough to set a code. Just 1-2 here and there- I chalk it up to carbon on the valves. Mine drinks a lot of oil down the PCV system. Other than that and a loss of power/fuel mileage due to the carbon I don’t have a lot to complain about. I did notice one thing- I know I’m due for a thermostat change (I did the coolant and tranny fluid 15k ago but didn’t do the thermostat) but the transmission temp will run around 200-210 in stop and go traffic. I know they run hotter in that situation, but that seems a bit extreme. When I changed the tranny fluid I put synthetic AcDelco in it. Is that ok? Oh and my fuel trims run pretty high, 12-18% long term on bank 2. No one can figure that out, it’s been to several garages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious. Who out there has 100k miles or more on their 3.6L Impala? My 2016 LTZ Limited has 110,630 miles and still runs strong. Tell us about yours.

2013. 109k with no known issues still getting 25 mpg overall or about 350-400 per tank. Majority of work commute is interstate speeds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just hit 300K on my 08 3.9 impala runs good, leaks oil out of main seals it looks like not going to spend anymore money on it just keep adding oil

·
Registered
81 Posts
2012 LTZ with 144K. Purchased mine in 2013 with 29K as a former Enterprise Rental.

Fuel Pump Failure 2 yrs ago @114k, costing $700 to repair at a hood shop and the Fuel Pump failed again this February @144k and cost $1400 to fix at the Chevy Dealer :-(

Outside of the 2 pumps failures, the only thing ive had to replace was the infamous Purge Valve for P0496 for $50, The Blend Door Actuator on the Passenger side 4 times since 2016 and now the drivers side one and the one that opens the vent for recirculated air have failed, and a power seat reclining motor has broken on both the driver and passenger seat.
Outside of the annoying exhaust rattle GM refused to fix, it was a extremely reliable car from 29K to 114k been a pretty reliable car since then with the exception of the pump failures.

Up next is new KYB Struts Kit, Tires, Alignment, Serpentine belt, transmission fluid drain, CRC DI cleaning, and o2 sensors, and hopefully I can get up to 200-250K mark with no issue.

1 - 21 of 21 Posts