Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the process would be for swapping a 2006 SS engine and transmission into my 2007 LS. I bought a written off SS for pretty cheap and I want to remove the whole subframe from the car and put it into my LS. So with the car I have suspension, trans, engine, wiring harness, PCM, and all the other goodies I’ll need. I just want to know if this is do-able and how long this would take?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering what the process would be for swapping a 2006 SS engine and transmission into my 2007 LS. I bought a written off SS for pretty cheap and I want to remove the whole subframe from the car and put it into my LS. So with the car I have suspension, trans, engine, wiring harness, PCM, and all the other goodies I’ll need. I just want to know if this is do-able and how long this would take?
A mechanic I know just told me a week ago, he does enough alignments, just told me that the V8 Impalas always want to wear away the insides of the front tires before the rest of the tread and that it is a real problem. What you want to do can probably be done and a lift would really help. What I suggest is to talk to a GM mechanic in person or maybe a well equipped body shop
that does challenging projects like the one you want to do. Maybe you could find out why GM stopped putting V8 in Impalas, that might help you decide what you might want to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts