Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wiring harness question

Just got done doing head gaskets on a 2000 3.4 and am all but done. The car is running great with no codes, however I have now plug on the wiring harness that is not plugged in yet. I know I know:bang:, label every thing has been said before, but this is not the first 3.4 I have done this on and my past experience is that you can't get it wrong because all the plugs are unique. My problem is I can't find the female end for the plug. It is on the passenger side rear up by the coil pack. It is blue, and has two redish wires. The coil pack has three female spots that I can see. One on the passenger side and two on the drivers side. All of them are full. Right in the front of the coil pack is a small black sensor that is bolted on with two small screws. That also has a female and that is also full. And ideas anyone? :WTF:

Cant get a pick tonight. Sorry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2000, so if you get a pix, I can see what mine is like. Did the gasket thing too a while back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
On my 2004 3.4 , there is a connection behind the coil pack, way down by the upstream O2 sensor - I can't see it unless I crawl up in the engine bay and look down behind the coil packs - there is a white piece of plastic where a small male connection goes. Could it be that one? You might be getting a pending code but no CEL for whatever isn't plugged in, if you have a scan tool it might tell you what is not getting voltage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Short of pulling my coil pack, I cannot tell much, but everything seems plugged in on mine. There are plugs under that pack as I can "feel".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced all of the gaskets on my 2000 impala 3.4 as well and have the same problem. Also my engine is now idling extremely high. Did you ever figure out where this plug goes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts