Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post. I've searched everywhere on this issue. I have a 02 impala ls 3.8 150,750 miles and I've tried everything. When the car starts it idles at about 1100 then as I give it gas and it warms up it'll idle at about 2200-2500 mark. The previous owner used too much starter fluid and set fire to the intake box and fried the IAT sensor and MAF so those are new along with new air box and filter. Replaced the MAP sensor. New plugs and wires the IAC module was replace within 5k. And the TPS and the BCM module is bypassed with the New Rockies Pro bypass module. And I've checked and rechecked that wiring. It's not throwing any codes. I've checked for vacuum leaks but something that major would be pretty loud. Any suggestions guys? I'm kinda at a loss here anything would be helpful

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome ! Im wondering if you have checked the throttle body. I cleaned mine at 111,000 miles and it was nasty. Maybe there is some crap or corrosion around the butterfly. Also, when you changed the IAC, did you clean behind it ? Just some ideas...

WR
PS...If you decide to clean it, get a gasket for it, remove all the sensors from it, remove it and clean it. You dont want to ruin your new MAF sensor with carb cleaner...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts