Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a 2001 chevy impala. myproblem is as follows the radio sound was working then it started to hit and miss with the sound.now it has no sound at all.the door chimes doesnt even work.i dont if this related or not but the turn signals only work intermitting.i dont know what to check for. the radio says it is playing but no sound thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
So the radio doesn't work at all? The sound I mean. I would pull out the unit and check the wiring. Or take a look at the amp however I think they still wom with the amp gone.

If it was only chimes I would say drivers door speaker.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Right. What he said.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there something i can do without pulling unit? i heard about the orange wire where it splits into two orange wire under the seat that corrides. does that make sense?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know this sounds stupid but when i looked at the amp in the trunk i seen two different connectors the one had two wires orange and black,the other plug about ten different wires but i didnt see any other orange wires only one i htought there was to be two different orange wires

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
If the sound was fading and then quit it sounds like the amp in the trunk failed. Check the wiring under the carpet first. If that checks out try the amp bypass in the instructions below. If your sound comes back your amp is dead.

Impala HQ - Your source for information on the 2000-2002 Chevrolet Impala

Go to the "how to" section and scroll down to the amp bypass

Reactions: impala3800_2001
1 - 7 of 7 Posts