Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Impala Premier with 5500 miles. On hot days cools great but after driving about an hour quits sending air through ANY outlets but you can still hear fan and it still blowing. Don't know where air is going, but not inside car. Have to either shut car off for approx 10 mins or turn off A/C completely. When start back up A/C works fine again. Dealer cannot duplicate or find any stored codes. Anyone else have this happen??

Comment

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
2020 Impala Premier with 5500 miles. On hot days cools great but after driving about an hour quits sending air through ANY outlets but you can still hear fan and it still blowing. Don't know where air is going, but not inside car. Have to either shut car off for approx 10 mins or turn off A/C completely. When start back up A/C works fine again. Dealer cannot duplicate or find any stored codes. Anyone else have this happen??

Comment

The evaporator is icing - causing a reduced airflow.

It could be caused by a defective a/c condensate drain, which does not allow the moisture to drain quickly. Or, there is an electrical or mechanical fault, which is allowing the evaporator to ice.

When you turn off the a/c or the engine, it allows the evaporator to partially or fully de-ice, and the airflow returns.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My 2015 LTZ did that sort of on a trip with my son. It wasn't all that hot, maybe 78 degrees, and I was driving. I was running the AC about 70, and he was too cold. So, he turned his side up to about 80. After about 15 minutes, my side starts getting uncomfortable, and it won't cool anymore. I had to turn off the AC, and just run it on vent for a while. It started working again, then he was too cold, and turned his side up, and same thing happens again. So I told him to quit messing with the HVAC, and put his jacket on. That fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Comment
Mine had the same problem, no codes could find no issues with a/c turned out to be a bad thermostat in the engine. affected the temperature sensor readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts