Impala Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only 8k miles on my impala an starting to have door lock problems.today my wife an I came out of a restaurant an tried to get into the car.the only door that unlocked was the drivers door. Tried the remote,an door button an still only drivers door unlocked.had to crawl over the console to get into the passenger seat so we could drive home. Did I mention we are both 75 years old.not an easy thing to do at our age. We stopped at a store an shut the car off to pick up some milk.when I started the car an put it in gear all the doors locked.when we got home an shut the car off all the doors unlocked. This has happened several times. I’m sure if it’s working when I take it to the dealer they will tell me there is nothing they can do. has anyone else experienced this with the 2020 impala premier?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have only 8k miles on my impala an starting to have door lock problems.today my wife an I came out of a restaurant an tried to get into the car.the only door that unlocked was the drivers door. Tried the remote,an door button an still only drivers door unlocked.had to crawl over the console to get into the passenger seat so we could drive home. Did I mention we are both 75 years old.not an easy thing to do at our age. We stopped at a store an shut the car off to pick up some milk.when I started the car an put it in gear all the doors locked.when we got home an shut the car off all the doors unlocked. This has happened several times. I’m sure if it’s working when I take it to the dealer they will tell me there is nothing they can do. has anyone else experienced this with the 2020 impala premier?

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with the intelligent key / push button start.

When you approach the car with the intelligent key fob and push the button on the LF door, only that door will unlock. You must push it a second time to get the other three doors to unlock.

When you use the remote fob to unlock the doors, the same sequence must be followed. On the 2014 model, you cannot program all of the doors to unlock at once when using the fob or pushing the button on the LF door handle.

I would suggest that you fully read the vehicle owner’s manual. It has instructions on how to program the various unlocking features of the car.

If the system will not function properly, then take it to a dealer for warranty repair.

·
Registered
431 Posts
On my former 2015 LTZ, if you push the button on one of the rear doors, all of the doors will unlock. It probably is that way on all GM cars with the push button unlock system, because it's the same way on my 2021 Traverse High Country. If you use the drivers door push button, the drivers door unlocks with one push, and the other 3 doors unlock with a second push.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Also, the remote fob works like the drivers door button. You have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all of the doors. Good luck with the dealers' service department, some are great, and some not so much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone for the comments. I no how the doors work ,I have had the car for a few months.my problem is sometime they work an then they won’t.when the don’t work the only door that unlocks an locks is the drivers door

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
thanks everyone for the comments. I no how the doors work ,I have had the car for a few months.my problem is sometime they work an then they won’t.when the don’t work the only door that unlocks an locks is the drivers door

Does the issue only occur with one of the remote fobs - or both of them?

Perhaps try changing the battery (CR2032) on the problem fob(s) and see if that corrects the problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it works the same with both remotes.I will try a new battery,but that sounds unlikely.
I think the problem is in the passenger side door. Maybe a defective actuator. Yesterday after climbing over the console an putting the car in drive the drivers door locked an we drove to the store an parked.all the doors unlocked by them selves. When we left all the doors locked when car was put in drive. Hopefully the machanic at the dealer can figure out the intermediate problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced the battery. same Result. Took it to Chevy garage. They couldn’t get it to duplicate my problem. Told me I will have to wait until it stays not working an than bring it back.I tried to get them to replace the actuator on the passenger door. They refused. I retired from GM after 40 years.always drove Chevy. Now I understand why people are leaving GM for the competers. GM has no customer service. shortly after I got my impala I noticed the door panel on the drivers side was defective.the speaker grill where the Bose emblem is attached was pushed in. No scratches .but they refused to replace the door panel saying someone must of kicked the door panel or hit it with an object. I won’t buy foreign,but Ford or Chrysler are not out of the question

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I replaced the battery. same Result. Took it to Chevy garage. They couldn’t get it to duplicate my problem. Told me I will have to wait until it stays not working an than bring it back.I tried to get them to replace the actuator on the passenger door. They refused. I retired from GM after 40 years.always drove Chevy. Now I understand why people are leaving GM for the competers. GM has no customer service. shortly after I got my impala I noticed the door panel on the drivers side was defective.the speaker grill where the Bose emblem is attached was pushed in. No scratches .but they refused to replace the door panel saying someone must of kicked the door panel or hit it with an object. I won’t buy foreign,but Ford or Chrysler are not out of the question

To show my age - my first car in 1969 was a 1965 Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu 2-door. I have owned GM (mostly Chevrolet) continuously since then. I also owned different model Corvettes for 43 years. My last new GM / Chevrolet was our 2014 Impala 2LTZ - purchased for my wife. I have experienced repeated poor service from the selling Chevrolet dealer (where we have bought numerous new cars). That, and GM’s donation of ten million dollars to the NAACP’s legal defense fund to help those arrested during the riots across our country convinced my wife and I to never buy a GM vehicle again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried reprogramming the lock sequence. Most have a way to program how the locks behave when you push the lock button. Maybe try to change it up then go back to factory default will work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts